Im not angry - chapter 20 ४

An hour earlier:

Mobius walked out of the room where you had been seated. He walked with a fast pace towards Loki. As he opened the portal back up. Loki was down on his knees crying. For the past hour he had been stuck in a time loop. The same event unfolding in front of him. It was you, breaking him down over an over again.  Mobius suddenly appeared.

"If you're here to mock me go ahead, i think it can't get any worse than this" Loki spat, his tired frame fought to keep steady.

"Do you truly care about her? Y/n, you're not just playing another dumb trick" mobius asked, his voice was demanding.

"Im not sure care is the right word" Loki sighed as he walked around the room. "I've already told you they mean nothing to me" he spat, there was so much pain in his voice.

"Shut up!" Mobius spat back. "Do you truly think you deserve to be alone?" He asked demandingly. Loki had no clue where he was going with this

"I don't know... " he breathed out, his hands were shivering.

"Well you better find out quickly, because if what she told me was true, then we have to help her" Mobius explained, as he reached out his hand. Hoping they could call a truce. "The connection the two of you had back on lamentis. That could burn this place down to the ground" Mobius explained further.

Loki hesitantly shook his hand. "I don't understand any of this madness" Loki spoke.

"You falling for an avenger was never supposed to happen, and her falling for you as well. That definitely is enough break the timeline" Mobius exclaimed. "Do you promise y/n isn't a part of you and the variants plan to create chaos?" mobius asked.

I.. I promise" Loki answered quietly.

"Guess I have to trust the word of a Loki. we have to move fast" Mobius stated.  as he walked back through the portal.

Just as they entered the room, Ravonna stood with four guards behind her. They knew.

"Oh Mobius..." she sighed deeply. As the guards aimed their pruning sticks at him. "I truly wish you would have stayed out of it" her voice was eeary.

"What's the problem Ravonna? Mobius asked calmly, everything he thought to be true was falling apart.

Ravonna tilted her head slightly, her eyes turned towards Loki. He was breathing heavily.

"Do you know what I would do if I could go anywhere I wanted?" Mobius asked as he walked towards her, he gestured for Loki to stay behind him. Ravonna saw through his calm facade easily. "I would go back to wherever it is I'm really from, before the TVA" Mobius spat. Loki looked at the man with a smile on his face. "Maybe I had a jet ski" Mobius continued.

"Prune him" Ravonna said coldly as the guard turned on the stick and struck it against Mobius.

Mobius groaned in pain as he dissolved into thin air. He was gone. Loki stood back in pure shock. He was truly gone.

Present time

"What do you mean he's gone?" You question. A sinking gut feeling grows in your stomach. It's like your heart stopped beating. At this very moment you thought you were dead.