Sacrifice - chapter 18 ४

The world around you was on fire, a burning mess of chaos and beauty. Loki and you sat right in the middle of it. The beauty within you, and the chaos within him. And this was it. You weren't going home. You would never see Tony again... Nat, Peter. You wouldn't see Steve. You closed your eyes as you couldn't hold it in anymore, you broke down. You would never know if they saved bucky... it was untrue. You had never felt pain quite like this before. It was unbearable. Tears rolled down your cheeks.

"I'm sorry that I let you down y/n... I know I broke my promise. You're probably not surprised by that" it broke your heart to hear his words. His voice was tired and raspy. You were both staring down at the ground. You couldn't look at him, it hurt too much.

"Loki don't, please. you did what you could... we all did" you stutter..  "all these years I've spent saving others, I never learned what to do when I was the one needing saving" you add. Loki finally looks up at you. His tired deep green eyes are filled with sadness as you speak.

"It's my fault you're here.. I was so blinded by power." He quietly says.

"It's our mess, we just have to live with that.. Well not for much longer..." you sigh deeply. You tilt your head slightly back, as your eyes finds his.

"Why do you care for me?" He asks with pain in his eyes.

"I don't know, I can't explain it. I've been able to read peoples minds since I was 15" you share. Loki moves closer to you. "But I can't read yours, I don't need to. I feel as though..." you fumble with the words. " I feel that a link exist between your mind and mine, an unbreakable bond" you add. Lokis eyes light up, you can see the burning flames within his comforting gaze.

"Do you want to see it?" He asks, his voice is tender and gentle. You tilt your head questioningly, Loki gently nods his head, as he reaches down and gently places your hand at his temples.

You breathe in overwhelmed by what you see. It's like broken fragments are shattered before your eyes. You feel anger, guilt... loneliness. There's so much pain. As he lets his hands fall you break the bond with him. You exhale deeply, quiet sobs escapes from your lips...

"Im... I'm so sorry" you whimper in between your sobs.

"I've never shared that with anyone, I thought it was the power I couldn't sacrifice." Loki says softly as he reaches up and cups your jaw. "It is you I cannot sacrifice" you break the eye contact, no one had ever talked to you that way before... Loki had never talked to you that way before.

You let your fingers intertwine with his as you press his hand lightly, as meteor falls down only a few feet away from you. Your body is shaking with fear.

"Look me in my eyes" Loki's voice sounds demanding yet caring. You look back up at him. You feel comforted by his eyes, he wasn't lying.

A loud crash echoes through the open valley. As you both look up to the sky. It's happening, you see your life flash before your eyes. As the burning pieces crumble down before you, loud explosions fill the air. As they sky breaks down. The ground you're sitting on is burning, it's dying, and you're dying with it.

"Fuck it, we're gonna die anyway" you mutter below your breath before placing both of your hands on his neck, as you let your lips crash onto his. They're soft yet cold as ice. At first he is taken aback by your sudden movement. Your pulse fastens, you feel as though a fire had been lit in your chest, that slowly fills your entire body with ecstasy. Suddenly Loki deepens the kiss, letting his hand run through your hair tugging it tightly. A soft moan leaves your lips, which leaves him smirking.

You break the kiss between you, as you both look at each other in shock. Loki pulls you closer towards him as he begins kissing down on your neck. his cold breath sends shivers down your spine as he traces along your collarbone up towards your neck. It was unlike anything you'd ever done before. Like coming up to breathe after being trapped under water for hours.

"Loki... wait-" you whimper at his touch, his lips leaving gentle kisses on your neck.

You swiftly pull away from him, as two portals upon up in front of you. Loki stands up in one quick motion. As he reaches for your hand looking over at you.

Mobius and five other guards walk towards you. You eyes linger on his. You had never felt such a way before. It was burning you up.

Mobius shook his head, he looked disappointed... he looked hurt. The guards cuffed your hands together as they dragged you through the portals, but all you could focus on was the feeling of Lokis lips on yours. You couldn't believe it. Had that truly happened. And why didn't you feel guilty at all.

You were right back at the TVA, but then why were you treated like you were criminals once again. You trusted Mobius, you cared for him. And he didn't even look at you. Loki looked devastated. You tried your best to break free from the guards grip. Yet it was useless, your powers were useless...

They dragged you and Loki towards each your room."don't worry y/n, it's gonna be fine" loki called out with pure frustration. As the guards pulled you into an interrogation room...

You were met by Hunter-b15. She had a devilish smirk on her face.

"Welcome back variant, we've been looking for you" her voice was dark and uncomfortable.

You didn't know what to say, you found it so hard to comprehend what had just happened. You had kissed loki... And you wanted to do it again. It was so freeing. But for all you knew he could be gone. Mobius was furious with you, you just waited for him to come in and prune you as well.

How on earth did he find the two of you, and why not before?