Stand trial - Chapter 7 ४

Four guards guided you and Loki into a giant courtroom, they had cuffed your hands, you could tell it was gonna leave a mark. Loki was placed in a stand just a couple feet away from you. As you looked at him you couldn't help but feel disgusted by his behaviour. If it wasn't for him you would be safe and sound back home with your family.. cuddling up next to Steve on the couch watching Harry Potter for the 6th time. On the walls of the courtroom was plastered images of three alien like creatures, you had never come across anything like this... they looked less terrifying than thanks Thats for sure, but you didn't have any good experience with space creatures in the past.
At the end of the room sat a woman, you had to at least give them credit for their female representation in this place. You got eye contact with her before she stood up from her chair.

"Next case is, laufeyson, variant L1130, aka Loki Laufeyson.. and Stark, variant S0001 aka y/n Stark, or Enchantress, they are charged with sequence violation 7-20-89." Her highlighted voice echoed through the court room, you and Loki had both been securely placed, and the guards had roughly removed the handcuffs. She took a short look at your files once again before looking back up to you. "How do you plead?".

Her question lingered in the air, before you could think of a way to answer her without making a fool of yourself, Loki chose to do exactly that... make a fool out of you.

"Madam a god doesn't plead, the mortal on the hand, could do well with pleading for once" he gave you a quick smile and tilted his head lightly as he returned his gaze to the woman.

"I'm truly very sorry about his behaviour, but I think there must be some sort of mixup, or at least a misunderstanding all I want is t-" before you were able to finish, Loki once again let out a dark chuckle and decided to finish what he had started.

"This is has truly been a very enjoyable pantomime, but as the mortal girl said, I would like to go home now" Loki said trying to hide the insults lying beneath the surface of his words.

The woman however seemed unbothered by his schemes. " are you guilty or not guilty.. it's a simple question" you could sense her frustration.

"We are not guilty ma'am, this is all one big misunderstanding" you calmed you voice, hoping she would sense that you did in fact mean no harms way. Loki on the other hand enjoyed the attention as always.

Loki scoffed" guilty of being the god of mischief? yes, guilty of finding all this incredibly tedious? Yes.. guilty of a crime against the sacred time line? Absolutely not you have the wrong person" he gave her a big smile, and then shifted his eyes to you, expecting some sort of reaction from you.

"I hate to say this, but he's right we didn't do anything, it was a simple mistake.. just take us back and we'll be out of you hair." You sighed..

"Well if you're not guilty who should I have then?" She turned her attention back on Loki.

"I suspect the avengers, because I only came into the possession of the tesseract because they travelled through time, and screwed up... as usual.. no doubt it was a last ditch effort to stave off my ascent to god king of Midgard" his smile grew slowly, and he gave you a small subtle wink.
You were taken aback by his words, how could he possibly have known..

"Wait... you knew we traveled back in time how..?" You stuttered as you spoke, maybe the god wasn't as idiotic as you had thought him to be.

"Oh believe me, you can smell the stank of two y/n Starks from a mile away, so if you want someone to blame it's they you should be after." Loki said clearly amused by himself, you didn't even notice as a strange man sneaked into the courtroom. You were just about to defend yourself before the woman spoke up once again.

"Listen Laufeyson.. we're not here to discuss the avengers, what they did was supposed to happen, but you escaping with the tesseract taking y/n captive along with you, wasn't." She folded her hands and learned forwards towards Loki. His smile only grew wider, as he started bursting out in laughter, making you slightly uncomfortable.

" right not supposed to happen?... and that's according to whom..?" He was not backing down. You could feel yourself growing tired of this, letting your head fall down into your hands.

"The time keepers?" She said in an intimidating manner.

"Ohh right the three space lizards, well if you just let me speak to the "time keepers" god to god" Loki's voice was getting darker and more twisted with each word he spoke.. but the woman's patience along with yours had finally ran out..

"I'm only gonna ask you this one time.. are you guilty or not guilty?.." she rose from the chair and starred Loki right into his eyes, with a stare that could cut through glass.

Loki let out a dark chuckle.. before cracking his neck.." oh.. I am guilty.. of this"
He said confidently, as he tried to conjure his powers, but nothing happened He yelled out in frustration, as everyone in the court room started laughing. You the looked at him with pure judgment.

" magic powers.. they're no good in the TVA mr. Laufeyson.. the court finds you guilty, and sentences you to both be reset... next case please" she sat back down tearing her gaze from Loki back to another file of papers. The four guards came towards you and cuffed both of your hands once again.. and began leading you down towards the exit. Loki kept yelling and screaming as you were led away.

" well done Loki, you just can't seem to keep you mouth shut for one second..." you sighed as they let you down.. you felt completely guilty even though you hadn't done anything wrong..

"Watch your mouth Mortal, you will not speak to me in such manners. You could have used your words more carefully and maybe helped out..." he spat as he tried to break free from the tight grip on him.. he then yelled out "you have no idea of what we're capable of"

You laughed at his use of we, as if you were now in this together somehow.. just before the door opened the strange man from earlier walked up to the stand with your case files in his hand.

"I might" he started as he walked up the the woman...

"Have an idea of what they're capable of"