A normal life - chapter 76

You've been home for nearly 3 weeks. Everyone's been to visit, there's been so much laughter and tears the last month. It's been amazing seeing everyone back here. Even Bucky came to visit, the way he is around the babies is amazing, he loves them. Already calling himself uncle buck. You don't know why you were so scared to come back home, there's been nothing but support for you and your family. Natasha and Wanda doesn't want to leave your side, scared you'll pack your bags and leave again. They're your own personal babysitters. Clint and his family came over with gifts for the babies, already setting up play dates with their newborn baby girl Natalia. Everyone's been here except one.

Tony.

He doesn't answer your calls, and no one has seen him ever since you've come home. There's no sign of him. You understand he needs time, but you'd wish he would just tell you that. All you needed was one text message from him telling you he's okay, that he needs some space before seeing you. But you've revived nothing from him. Not a single word.

"Darling stop worrying so much, you're thoughts are keeping the babies up" Loki smiles, kissing you on the cheek.

"He hasn't come, no calls... Nothing" you sigh.

"He will I assure you" Loki says reassuringly.

"How do you know?" You ask sadly.

"That's what big brothers do, the one thing they can't stop doing is interfering" Loki chuckles. "Give him some time he'll be here"

"Thank you Loki" you chuckle. "Let's put them to sleep" you smile.

Loki and you put the babies down into the their basinets. You rest your head on lokis shoulder as he sings them a lullaby. He does this every night, you're beginning to understand more and more of the magical language he speaks. But you prefer just listening to his soothing voice.

Loki rocks the basinet back and forth as he sings;
"Bissam, bissam baad'ne,
gryta hængø i jod'ne;
koka full tå rjumegraut
åt dæ vesle baad'ne.
Far han sittø og harpa kødn
more, ho blæsø saa vakkert hødn,
syste, ho sittø aa spinnø gull,
bror, han gaar i skogen;
jaga allø villø dyr;
æ han kvit saa kjøyr'n hit,
æ han graa, saa lat'n gaa,
æ han brun i boge,
saa laat'n gaa i skoge."

You look at the babies in awe as they drift off to sleep listening to their fathers soothing voice. You're eyes closing slowly as well.

"Should we just head to bed?" You whisper.

"You should go see your brother.. I'll go to sleep" Loki smirks. Jumping into bed.

"I can't just show up, I promised him I would let him come to me" you say quietly. Trying to sneak into bed with him.

"One thing I know about Stark is that he's even more stubborn than you are, and that says a lot Min elskede." Loki grins. "Now take the keys and drive.

"Fine" You sigh deeply, kissing him gently, getting up from the bed, before grabbing the keys and walking to your car.

As you drive you think of all the things you want to say, there's so much you want him to know, yet you can't find the right words that could ever justify what you put him through.

You sit outside his house looking in for a while. Unable to move. As much as you just want to see his face you're equally scared. Suddenly Tony walks out resting against the balcony looking at your car. You take a deep breath slowly getting out, leaning against the door.

"Hey Tony" you smile softly.

"So it is true.. you're alive" he mumbles.

"Yeah alive and well" you chuckle awkwardly