Reaching out for hope - chapter 67 ४

They have been operating on you for hours on end. Doing all in their power to stop the internal bleeding. You're fully aware of your surroundings, unable to move, unable to speak. It feels like you're watching it happen, standing outside of your body looking down at yourself. Trying desperately to get back inside your body, to fight. Fight to keep being you. But every time you get close enough, your getting torn apart once again. An endless time loop. Going on and on. Theres no stopping it, you feel as though there's an invisible string connecting you to your body, buts it's wearing thin, it's only a matter of time before it snaps.

Natasha storms through the door. To the hospital. Loki and Tony is asleep in the waiting area. Although they've been advised to go home and sleep, they've refused to leave. Requesting updates every hour. Feeling how hope is slipping through their fingers as times moves slowly around them. Fury had gotten access to the lookout, that way they could monitor you. It was too difficult for them to watch you that way. Wanda hadn't left your side. That way she could always sense you, see if there was any chances. For now you are breathing, but it's not looking good. All odds are against you. Maria was keeping her company.

"Are they here?" Natasha yells out as she walks into the lookout. Maria and Wanda turns their head. As she walks over putting her hands on the glass.

"It's not good Nat" Wanda whimpers.

"Come on Wanda, it's y/n she's gonna be fine.. Natasha reassures her. "What happened?" She asks.

"It's critical Romanoff, she saved a girl and her brother" Maria explains.

"Well she's almost died before, she's gonna wake up"

"She wasn't shot 9 times last time, she's loosing a lot of blood, both internally and externally" Maria explains further, looking through your medical chart. "The stones are the only thing keeping her alive, but after all the energy she used, there's not much they can do either.. it's only a matter of time"

Natasha walks around the room, before falling to the ground. "Is she in any pain?" She cries out.

"No.. I can feel her. She's peaceful" Wanda says. As she sits beside Natasha.

"I don't get it.. we won" Natasha Mumbles. "She said something to me... that she was.." she trails off.

"What?"

"She knew it would come down to this... I should have stopped her, it shouldn't have been her" Nat sobs violently.

Quickly Wanda gets up looking at you. Tears are falling from her eyes. "Her heart.. it's slowing down"

"She saved us" Nat keeps repeating. As she rocks back and forth.

"She's going into cardiac arrest" The surgeon calls out. The doctors finds the defibrillator, trying to restart your heart. Wanda and Maria watches intensely at the screen waiting for your heartbeat to show up on the screen. While Natasha is in shock. "They're not responsive, step back again"

"It stopped beating" Wanda cries out.

You can feel yourself getting further and further away from your body. Struggling to fight anymore. You watch as Everyone around you is holding their breath. Just waiting for you to wake up. You know you can't keep fighting. You know you're supposed to fight. Half of your life has been one big battle trying to find peace. And now you have it. Nothing hurts. Everything is silent, you feel happy. There's not much else you can do, you can stay here and fight like hell, but you'll never be a whole person again. There's too much damage done. You search the hospital to find him. Like a ghost haunting the halls. You spend your last moments on earth lingering onto his touch. You want to be with him so badly that it almost feels like you can touch him. But his mind is completely shut off from you. Beside him Tony is fast alseep. His thoughts are louder than ever.