*true colors - chapter 70*

2 months in Lom Norway

"It's beautiful up here" you sigh looking down from galdhopiggen, the highest mountain in Norway. It's located in the national park Jutonheimen. You remember reading about Norse mythology in the schools library. And you're standing here in what is believed to be the home of the frost giants. The wind is cold as you rest against Loki.

"It truly is. But it's quite ridiculous you mortals think this is where we live" he smirks.

"Oh come on, it's more believable than space" you chuckle.

"Technically it's not in space" he corrects you.

"You know what I mean" you grin, hitting him playfully on the shoulder. He looks sadly at you, with those cold green eyes.

"Do you ever regret it?" He asks.

"What part?"

"Choosing to stay with me at the TVA.. don't you ever wonder what could have been if you had ju-"

"Never" you interrupt him, pulling him closer to you. "I've loved every moment I've spent with you" you airee him. "Yes you're a pain In my ass.. but I wouldn't want it any other way"

He smiles kindly, taking your hand as you slowly make your way down the mountain side. Its only a short 17 minute drive away from your house.

As you return to you small house, you notice a car is parked outside. Loki turns to look at you, hoping you recognize the car. But you're just as lost as him. As you pull the door handle you realize the door isn't locked. Someone's in your house. Hesitantly walking into your living room. As a tall black figure is standing by your window.

"Y/n Stark.. you're a quite difficult woman to track down" The man sighs deeply. You quickly recognize the voice.. it's none other than Nick Fury.

"That was kinda the point" you scoff as you turn on the lights, tearing down the dramatic effect.

"Faking your own death.. thats brutal"

"Well what can I say I learned from the best" you hiss. Sitting down on the couch. Loki stands behind you watching in silence. He shouldn't blame you, you visited his grave multiple times before Steve finally told you he wasn't really dead.

"I guess you did."

"So what are you here to tell me to come back home?" You chuckle.

"No I'm actually here to tell you not to"

"What?" You say confusedly.

"There's a lot of people going through a lot of trouble trying to prove that you're not dead.."

"Who is it"

"It's best if you don't know. But as for right now I think it's best you stay here. Keep contact to home to a minimum.." There's a hint of sadness in his voice as he explains it to you. It's hydra, who else would go through so much trouble proving you're alive.

"Does anybody else know?"

"Well Romanoff, but I'm sure you know that already. Other than that it's just me.. and I'd like to keep it that way"