Secrets out - chapter 68 ४

A couple of days have past since you woke up in the hospital room. You've been hiding out in the basement of the hospital. It was only a question of time before your illusion would wear off. You had to stay around for it to work. A missing body would surely raise questions. Todays the day  your "body" has been cremated. Which meant you could finally get away. You grab onto your hoodie, putting it up over your head, so it covers you as best as possible.You sneak out making your way towards the exit. Slowly opening the door, as soon as you get the opportunity you walk out trying your best to blend in. Suddenly someone grabs your hand pulling you into a closed room. They rip of the hood from your head. Till you're face to face with her.

It's Natasha.

She looks at you with pain in her eyes. She's furious.

"Looking pretty good for a dead girl" she hisses. You break free from her grip, covering her mouth as you shut the door behind you. "You are dead" she mumbles.

"Well clearly I'm not, and I would like to keep it that way, so be quiet please." You whisper as you remove your hand.

"You faked it?" She exhales deeply. "You had no pulse, they said you were dead"

"I didn't fake it okay?" You growl. "I was gone, I let go... I was so ready to just let go...but then I woke up" you stammer. You are still trying to figure out exactly what happened. "I woke up, and I was freaking out.. until I got an idea. If people think I'm dead, then it's over."  You explain. "So much pain has happened because of me.. I just though maybe I cou-"

"Did you plan on telling us that part or.. were you just gonna leave us in the dark.. I'm planning your funeral y/n" she cries out. She's in shock.

"There's a lot of people that wants me dead Nat.. I figured I'd be safer if I just stayed that way"

"We could have helped you.. I can help you" Nat says reassuringly.

"I thought it was for the best"

She sits down, shaking her head back and forth. "This is insane, even for you"

"I know Nat.. I didn't really see any other way out" you say sadly. As you sit down beside her. "Please don't tell anyone, it's for the best right now"

"And Loki?"

"I was going to see him once this was over.. but now I'm not so sure it's a good idea"

"He's devastated y/n.. Tony blames himself. Bucky he.."

"Please don't.. I know okay. But wherever I am death, war and pain follows" You explain. "Will you just Help get me away from here?" You ask.

She looks as you angrily. She nods her head. "Fine.. but you explain everything on the way" she hisses.

"Deal, now let's move before someone else finds us"

she helps you outside the building, and into her car quickly driving away from the hospital as fast as she can.

"I'm truly sorry, for all the pain I've caused. I didn't know what else to do" you say sadly. "I promise you I was gonna let you all know, I just needed Loki and I to be safe first" you explain. "I just wanted to be safe" you add.

"So you fake your own death?" She scoffs.

"For the hundredth time I didn't fake it.. I was dead.. I just thought If everyone thought I was dead then.. I could finally start over. Get the life I always wanted"

"So you're gonna tell Them?"

"I can't... not yet at least.. and you have to promise me you won't tell anyone" you plead.