Destined for failure - chapter 10 ४

"Now Loki tell me do you enjoy hurting people?" Mobius ask.

"I'll hurt you!" Loki spits

"Do you enjoy killing people"

"Stop it! Please" you interrupt.

"Let him answer, Loki do you" he asks plainly.

Loki quietly sat down, he rested his head in the palm of his hands, his breath became calm as he began shaking his head.. his entire face tensed up, his jaw twitching. Yet no response.

"Loki?" He asked once again.

Loki softly looked up at you, his eyes meeting yours, you could feel his pain, you didn't need your powers to sense that. "I don't enjoy hurting people.." Loki exhales and lets his hands fall to the ground. He bites his lower lip and closes his eyes. "I... " he sighs. "I don't enjoy it."  He says gently as his gaze slowly softens, his distress is quickly turned into pure sadness.

"Tell me more" Mobius grunts.

Loki once again looks at you. You calmly give him a supporting nod indicating that you understand. "I do it because I have to.." he stops himself for a moment looking down at his shaking hands and the back to you. "Because I've had to" he stammers quietly.

"Alright Loki explain that to me" Mobius says, his voice becomes silvery.

"Because it's all part of the illusion... it's the cruel elaborate trick conjured by the weak to inspire fear" he answers hesitantly, you notice he gestures to himself when he describes the weak... Loki tries to catch his breath..

"So it's all just a desperate play for control, you do know yourself Loki. You've answered my question. So fire away" he gently says.

"Fine I'll start" you snarled, your gaze shifted to Mobius, as you stood tall. "What the fuck was that video you showed me, the one with S..." you felt as every inch of air had been sucked out of your lungs.  "The one with Steve.." you gasped.

Mobius expression shifted from his serious and cold glance to concerned. "That's the future, it's what destined to happen. It's why you being here is wrong" he disclosed.

You felt as the ground beneath you faded away.. like you had no foothold. Sending Cold shivers down your spine.. you fumbled with your words, looking disorientated around the room, only to see it all spinning around. "So what.. I..I'm destined to be alone?... and what Loki is destined to die?" You breathed. Everything around you was falling to pieces. And you didn't have Tony to piece it back together.

Loki clenched his jaw, as he let the palm of his hands rest on his eyelids, as he began laughing manically once again. Then in a blink of an eye he stood before you, the sadness in his eyes faded to agony. "Can't you see this was never about us y/n?" Loki spat..

You were mortified, you hadn't even noticed that you were bleeding, your fingernails were buried deep in the palm of your hands... just as you had done when you were captured by hydra, hoping that you might wake up from a nightmare lying safely in your bedroom.. but this was not a nightmare, this was reality.

" you're wrong, it is all about you. Without Steve leaving you y/n, you wouldn't have helped Bucky overcome his pain, you wouldn't have been able save Tony from dying from metal in his chest, because you wouldn't be speaking. And without you dying Loki, Thor wouldn't have been able to become a true hero, he wouldn't be able to kill Thanos." He explained.

You stood in complete disbelief, shaking your head mechanically back and forth. Trying to process the thought of Tony dying, of Steve leaving you to be with Peggy after all those years.

"So what we were mere puppets in this circus the time keepers have build? All I am is destined for is failure? All. Because. Of. You!" Loki shouted. His eye twitching in a ecstasy of anger.

Your vision had blurred by the tears in your eyes, you felt as one movement would leave you passed out on the floor.

"This was never about you Loki!" He stated.

Loki chuckled darkly "ahh I see, it all about the heroes once again, me I'm just a pawn in your big poetic play" Loki snarled. He slowly backed away from you.

"Big metaphor guy I see, we do however need to get y/n back on the timeline, she has a job to finish." Mobius announced.

Your vision suddenly came back, as you quickly looked at Mobius. "What... I can go back?" You questioned

Loki followed your movement, as he rushed towards Mobius standing just inches away from his face. "So that's it then? She can go back? And then what... you'll reset me?" Loki figured. His face was tense, actually his whole body was tense.

"You've done your Part Loki, there's nothing else you can do on the timeline, and I need your help here now" Mobius expressed, leaving Lokis face as one big question mark.

"I'm not going back without him.. he Deserves a chance to do better." You spoke. They both looked at you. Mobius was utterly surprised by your statement, and in fact so were you. You weren't planning on defending him, but you knew you couldn't leave him here. Loki looked at you with soft eyes, shocked you were defending him, when you could have easily left him for death. "I know he can change" you exclaimed, giving Loki a soft smile, which he shockingly enough returned.

"Wow. I really didn't see that coming, but fine I'll make you a deal. you help me catch a variant. The fugitive variant has been killing our minutemen, we have no clue how to stop them, nor how to catch them" Mobius remarked

"And what you need the god of mischief and an avenger to help you stop him?" Loki chirped, with a spark in his eyes. You couldn't help but smile at his sudden chance of mood.

"That's right, especially you Loki" Mobius stated

Lokis face twitched as he looked at him in shock. "Why me if I may ask?" He wondered

"Because the variant we're hunting is you" Mobius said.

"I beg your pardon" Loki asked, as he tilted his head slowly to the side.

"My god this is gonna be a loooong day" you murmured.

The whole situation seemed unreal, was it a big mistake not just taking him up on the offer and go home.. maybe it wasn't to late, you didn't really have that good experience with fighting against Loki. And if the TVA couldn't catch him, how on earth should you be able to, they caught This Loki with the blink of an eye... this was one hell of a mess, and now you had landed right in the middle of it. Shit.