Djevlen - chapter 71

3 months in Lom Norway

You haven't been feeling well the past days, probably the fact that you was shot multiple times, was declared dead and woke up. And the fact you recently discovered the effect it had on your body.. You had scheduled a follow up at the news nearest doctor. Somehow you weren't nervous if something was wrong. More if something wasn't. The aching pain in your body was unbearable. Loki had found some work in the local book store. It was hard making thing go around, but you managed. So you had to do this on your own.

"So?" You say after fifteens minutes of silence.

"You're healing unbelievable fast, that's not what I'm worried about" she shares, as she looks at your blood work.

"What is it then?" you ask nervously.

"It appears that you're pregnant"

Your heart stops beating for a second, after your last appointment, you had been told that there was severe damage to your reproductive system. Your hope of starting a family died with Ultron.

"Miss Andersen?.."

"Yeah" you say shakily.

"Do you want me to do an ultrasound?" She smiles kindly. You can't really find any words, instead you nod you head. She sets up the monitor, and gently lifts up your shirt. You flinch as she smears the cold fluid over your stomach. "There it is.. it's heartbeat"

You turn to look at the screen, it's so tiny.. yet you would have thought it was gonna be smaller. "That's my.." you stammer. "It's a little bean" you chuckle.

"From what the blood work tells us, you're about 3 weeks along.. but from what we can see on the scan, it looks like you're possibly 6-9 weeks pregnant"

You can't really process this information right now.. how could the test tell you one thing and the screen something completely different. "That's not possible.. I lost" you whimper.

"You had a miscarriage?"

"Yeah about 3 months ago" there's a lump in your throat.. you turn to look at the screen. Either you're in shock or you swear to god there was two of them.
"Is that normal?" You question.

The doctor looks intensely at the screen. "I'll be dammed"

"There's two?"

"It appears it's twins" she smiles. "That still doesn't explain how you're 3 weeks along, but the fetuses seems to be at the stage of 9 weeks.. in general your blood work showed some pretty unusual things"

"Should I be worried?" You say nervously.

"Not at this point, but I would like to do some regular check ups, make sure everything goes smoothly"

"I don't know if ehm.. there's probably something you should know" you say hesitantly.. you know it would be much safer to do this back home, where people knew your background and Lokis. Saying this to a complete stranger might send you straight to an insane asylum.

"Everything you say here is completely confidential." She states.

"How familiar are you with the avengers?" You question. She looks at you confused. "Not much I presume"