A bad feeling - chapter 56 ४

2 weeks before the wedding.

Wanda and Nat have been in full on planning mode the last few days. As much as you want to be involved it was reliving that someone else have taken control. All you have to do is get ready. And as happy and enticed you are about the wedding. You're equally terrified. You don't remember Tony being this nervous before his wedding, but the again it's Tony. He spent all his time before the wedding cleaning up after a mess you had made once again. Yet you are so nervous you can't stand to be in your own body. Everyone was acting so careful around you, trying not to stress you out. Which actually made it ten times worse and stressed you out a lot more than I've they'd just relax.

Today you were going to taste cakes. How amazing is that, you're biggest problem at the moment was finding the perfect cake. A month ago you're biggest problem was the aftermath of hydra. And now you were just a bride.

Why are you feeling so nervous. You could barely breathe. Loki was with Thor. Something about an old Asgardian wedding ritual. To be honest you didn't really listen when Thor explained it. Something about how Asgardians normally only married for politics. But since Asgards destruction Valkyrie had taken some creative liberties. Yet the traditions stayed the same. You just asked if any naked women were involved. To which Thor had answered, "yes but not in that way". So you had just sent him off. Loki didn't want to go, but it would probably be good for you to spend some time apart before the big night. It would make it more special.

A statement you now completely regret. After being apart for so long, all you want to do is be with him. And not being with him only made the small doubts seem bigger.

"Right y/n?" Wanda asks, taking another bite of a vanilla cake with lemon.

"Huh?" You mutter. You have completely zoned out for the past ten minutes.

"Have you even been listening?"

You search for a reasonable excuse, but all you came up with was. "No sorry"

"We'll just decide, don't worry about it" Wanda says, as she writes down what type of cake you want.

"I swear to god, if one more person tells me not to worry about this wedding. I'm gonna murder someone" you sigh. Resting you head on the counter. Gently banging your head against the table.

Wanda and Nat looks at each other worriedly for a second, trying to find out what to say to you. That isn't gonna stress you out.

"Oh for the love of god, you two are unbelievable" you scoff. You slowly get up from the counter, grabbing a slice of pizza from the fridge. Then crashing on the couch. "Stop thinking so loudly" you say with your mouth stuffed with pizza.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Nat asks. Sitting down beside you on the couch.

"I'm fine" you say.. they both look at you, clearly not convinced that you're okay. "I'm fine" you say once more.

Wanda concentrates for a second trying to get into your mind. But you block her out.

Stop it

"If you're fine why keep me out?" Wanda asks, slightly offended you're keeping her out of your mind. While listening in on every thought she has.

"Because everyone is treating me like I'm dying." You hiss raising your voice. You feel your body starting to vibrate, which usually isn't a good sign. "I'm sorry, I'm so thankful for everything you're doing. But I'm not dying I'm getting married"

"You've been on edge ever since Loki left" Natasha states. You know it's true, you just don't want it to be true.

"Okay! I'm freaking out!" You admit. As you let your body fall further down onto the couch. Wanda sits on the other side of you. They both take your hand.

"It's gonna be fine y/n" Natasha reassures you.

"What if it's not?"

"What do you mean?" Wanda questions.

You fidget anxiously with your ring. You don't really know what you meant. You didn't want to scare anyone, but lately you've been having a weird feeling in your body. Like something is gonna go wrong. Not just about the wedding but in general. Probably just you going slowly insane, but you can't seem to let go of the thought, that perhaps something is wrong.

"Y/n it's going to be the best day of your life, and we're just trying to make sure it stays that way" Natasha explains.

"Something just feel off"

"About Loki?"

"No.. I mean yes, about everything" you sigh. "I just have a bad feeling...it's probably nothing"

Wanda suddenly grabs onto you while shaking you back and forth. You look at her utterly confused.

"Listen to me y/n, everyone feels shaken up before their wedding. It's probably the most normal feeling you're ever gonna experience" she explains to you, with a gentle smile. "You haven't doubted Loki before today. It's clearly just nerves"

You nod you head slowly. "Yeah, but I-"

"No buts, you love him. And if you let him go, then you'll just be alone. No one wants that" Wanda chuckles. Before realizing how it came out.

"Thanks Wanda" you sigh. You let your head fall back.

"Get dressed." Natasha scoffs, standing up, pulling you up from the couch as well.

"Why? It's late" you scoff. Letting yourself crash back onto the couch.

"That's the point. We're going out tonight" she smirks.

Sitting on a rooftop bar in the middle of New York. Sipping margaritas with your two best friends, is exactly the distraction you needed. There is nothing you have to do, except decide what the next cocktail you want is. Nat was excellent at getting free drinks, guess it one of the perks of being a spy. You get extremely good at talking.

She walks satisfied towards you and Wanda with a tray, there's a bottle of champagne and three glasses.

"Let's toast" she smirks, pouring the champagne. She hands you a glass.

"A toast to the most beautiful bride" Wanda says.

"Thank you for this, I needed that"

"I say we empty this, and then we dance until we can't walk" Nat chuckles emptying her glass, and quickly Refills her glass. You and Wanda looks at each other trying to follow her quick pace.

The night is getting blurry as the taste of confusion is replaced with the sour taste of champagne. The flickering nights from the nightclub blinding your vision. All you can do is dance. Dance until the sun rises.