The flood - chapter 66 ४

Suddenly the helicarrier hovers above the ground as the water is nearing the city.

"I thought you could use a helping hand" it's Fury's satisfied voice.

"Well you're right on time, we need all civilians on board" You grab onto Natashas hand, exhaling in relief. "The water is moving quickly in a few minutes the place will be flooded.

You all gather in the heart of the city. Laying out a plan to get everyone out of here safely, ending the fight. As small planes fly out from the helicarrier, landing on the ground. As civilians scream in terror as the water is starting to fill the streets.

"Everyone listen closely, we need to get all civilians on board now. Loki, strange and Wanda, do whatever you can to hold back the water. Bruce, Nat, Thor, vision and Clint you guide the civilians." You yell out as everyone nods understandingly. "Tony let's finish the robots" 

Everyone splits up doing their part to get the situation under control. As soon as a plane is loaded it flies the civilians to safety returning to gather more. Wanda and Loki is making a shield of scraps to protect the planes from the water. While Strange has created a shield covering the city. But it's only a matter of time before the pressure will tear through.

You fight along side Tony tearing them apart piece by piece. You can't let any of them get away. And within moments you've successfully cleared the city of robots.

"There's a unknown aircraft nearing the city" Fury announces over comms.

You and Tony look up at sky, it's definitely not one of yours. "It's Ultron" you sigh.

As all the civilians get cleared out, either by searching shelter in the tallest buildings, or in the air. The remaining avengers make their way to the helicarrier. Suddenly Ultrons plane opens fire. Sending you and Tony flying through the air. Tony's suit breaks into a million pieces. The ringing in your ears linger for a while. There's a moment of silence. You turn to look at him as you hear the plane flying over you once again, you realize Tony is badly injured. But he's slowly crawling towards something. Someone. There's a girl stuck under a piece of metal. She's struggling to get out, as the water is slowly filling up to her mouth.

"Tony get out of the way, I've got this" you scream running towards him. As Ultron once again let's it rain fire upon the city. You make your way through the water. As you watch him carry the girl to safety.
"Tony stop" you scream. But there's no use. He looks at you mouthing an im sorry. "This is it" you whisper to yourself... you body is vibrating, you know your body can't take anymore, but you have to do the right thing. You close your eyes trying to gather enough strength as you're teleporting you and them to safety. Tony tightly holds onto the girl, looking down as the water rises. You take a look up to the air, pulling Ultron out off the plane crashing him down beside you. As you walks towards him. He is almost breaking completely apart.

"You're gonna die y/n" he says coldly. As he grabs onto a piece of metal lying on the ground.. but before he can stab you.. you tear his arm off.

"I already did, when you killed my child" you growl.. you wanna know how it felt" you say quietly to him, reaching out to him, using the last  power you have left in your body to tear out the core, keeping him alive cheating it into a pieces. "It felt like that"

You take a step back, stumbling on your feet. It takes you a while before the realization hits you. You stand opposite of Tony as the fear in his eyes grows."Why'd you do that" Tony shrugs, as he's still in shock. Both of you are unable to move. For a moment you don't feel the pain. You're not even sure if he actually hit you with the guns.

"I did whatever it took..." you take a moment to catch your breath. "Whatever it took to safe you"

He stumbles towards you, his been hit in the leg, and the bleeding is severe. He grabs onto you. "Come one kid, let's get you to a hospital" he says shakily.