The variant - chapter 13 ४

You gear up. Dressing yourself in your room, you open the small closet near your bed. Taking out a jacket from the nearest shelf. It's a soft denim fabric. It reminds you slightly of one Steve had once. He would wrap you in it when it was cold. You let it embrace you shoulders like he once had. But you were alone... lost in a time loop that wouldn't stop. But it might today, you couldn't be distracted. Because this... this was your chance to go home.

I'm the hallway Mobius was waiting for you. You took a deep breath and looked slowly up at him as you opened the door.. he gave you a gentle pad on the shoulders as he led you down the corridor.

"It's gonna go great, now we catch the Variant and get you right back home. "His voice is eager.

You don't answer you simply nod, as you're greeted in the front hall. There's seven agents standing behind a woman... the same woman who brought you in. She has the same fierce look in her eyes as she did when she caught you.

"This is hunter-b15" Mobius states. "She will be running the mission" he says as he continues his speech. "We've only got once shot, so let's not miss it. We have no idea how the variant looks, so keep your eyes out" he finishes.

He shows you different variants of Loki that had previously been caught, including some strange looking creatures. Some with horns... and spikes?

"Alright I'm only gonna say this once so listen up. When we arrive we split into three teams. Mobius you take Stark with you" she points at you, and scrunches her eyes as she continues. "I take the variant with me and two guards, just in case you intend to play any games" she sighs deeply.

"I would prefer if she stayed with me.."

You look over at him, what weird game is playing now? Why on earth would he want you with him. He smiles subtlety, and winks at you. You quickly look down at the ground.. was that butterflies you just felt?

No, it most certainly was not.

"She stays with Mobius, end of discussion" she states as she opens a portal. On the other side is an empty parking lot. The rain is pouring down. The eery sound of the wind howling fills the room. One by one you step through the portal. As soon as you walk though you're soaking wet.. and then everything began to blur.

You heard everything, you felt everything.
Your powers, they must work out here. A high pitched voice echoes through your head, almost bringing you to your knees in pain. It was just like when you first had gotten them. The overwhelming sensation of hearing everything clearly once again. To be fair you hadn't been using your powers since arriving at the TVA, and now it all came crumbling back. It hurt like hell. You closed your eyes tightly and focused on the sound of thunder rambling in the distance... then the noises stopped slowly. You turned your focus towards Loki who was looking directly up to the sky... he had sorrowful eyes.

"Missing Thor are we?" You asked teasingly

"Absolutely not" he answered. "I'm just not fond of it" he says.

"Right" you knew he was lying.

As you walked into the giant supermarket, the noise had completely stopped. Suddenly a green beaming light glowed beside you.

"What the fuck was that"

"That was me! Using magic, to dry my clothes so I don't announce myself with every squeaky footstep like the rest of you" Loki snarls. He's now completely dry, before you could answer him he does the same to you. You were dry and warm once again.

"A thank you would perhaps be in order" he says with a mocking smile on his lips.

"We'll I didn't ask for you to do it, so why should I thank you?" You ask, and you quickly wish you didn't cause once again you are standing in your soaking wet clothes, freezing.