Saying goodbye - chapter 50 ४

Making your way into the kitchen, after another sleepless night. This time it wasn't the nightmares you were afraid of, it was waking up and realizing Loki was gone. So you stayed up all night watching him. You made sure he was dreaming, planting small pieces of you in his mind. Every time you came up in his dream he would smile. This was your safe space, and there was no way you were ever gonna let it slip through your fingers again.

Wanda was already in the kitchen making breakfast, so you decide to join her. "What are we cooking?" You smile.

"I was just making some pancakes, I know they're your favorite"

You take a handful chocolate chips and put it into the batter. "You can never get to much chocolate" you laugh. "It's just amazing being home"

"I'm sure it is definitely with Loki around the house" she chuckles, as she starts pouring the batter onto the pan. The smell of pancakes already filling the air.

"I'm not complaining" you say as you slowly dip your finger into the batter. Why is it cake batter always taste so much better than the finished result.

"Morning stranger" Nat says walking into the kitchen sitting down across from you. Watching as you and Wanda makes breakfast.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're here." You say running over to her embracing her. "Thank you for helping me out"

"I couldn't let you rot up in that place" she says as she hugs you tightly. "I'm just glad you're back to the old you"

You walk slowly back to the stove, fidgeting with a fork. "I don't really thinks there's any part of the old y/n left anymore" you say quietly to yourself, but they both hear you. "You know before yesterday, I actually forgot that I was engaged, after everything that happened. I'm not sure it's ever gonna happen"

"Yeah well it seems like you and Loki aren't doing to much planning in your free time" Natasha chuckles.

Wanda looks up from the stove. "I didn't need to know that"

"We just talked last night, there was a lot of things he needed to know." You say sadly.

"We can help you, right Nat" Wanda exclaims excitedly.

"Of course, we need to throw you a bachelorette party" Natasha adds.

"Oh no, I really don't need that" you assure them. The thought of having an entire party with you in the center seems like a bad idea after what happened.

"Of course you do, you deserve a break" Nat reassures you.

"She's right, I think it would be good for you. Just let us handle it, I've already read your mind, I know exactly what you need" Wanda says happily. She's so excited about throwing you a party, she almost forgets about the pancakes.

"Okay. Fine." You give in. "But keep it small, like no big things, and also don't read my mind" you chuckle, but there's a hint of sadness in your tone, afraid she might see past all the happiness.

"You don't have to hide it anymore y/n, we understand what you went through." Natasha grabs onto your hand, you flinch at her touch.

"No, I don't think you do"

"You can always talk to us, we're here for you" Wanda sighs.

"Yeah unless it's the Loki parts you're afraid we're gonna see" Natasha grins. You can't help but laugh as well.

"Trust me I tried to avoid that, but he's everywhere in there" Wanda adds.

"Alright subject change please, when are the pancakes done I'm starving" you try to change the subject yourself. Nat and Wanda gets eye contact and starts laughing. "Fine I'll make them myself" you say taking over at the stove.