An unexpected gift - chapter 60 ४

2 months later

"So?" Loki is circling around the room.

You're patiently waiting for the timer to go off. It feels like you've been waiting forever. His heavy footsteps makes you twitch.

"I can't look" you say beneath your breath. You close your eyes handing him it.

He quickly grabs it, taking a deep breath, before looking at it. He quietly sits down beside you, handing it back to you.

"Just tell me" you plead.

"Look for yourself" he smiles.

You open your eyes hesitantly, as you look down.

Two red lines.

"Oh my god" you cry out, hugging Loki tightly. He lifts you up from the ground swinging you around.

"You ehm.." he mumbles. "You're pregnant?"

"Well I have to take another test but.. I'm late." You chuckle. As the realization hits you. "I'm pregnant"
He kisses you passionately, swiftly pulling up your blouse. He kneels before you, kissing your stomach.
You grab tightly onto his hair, letting your head fall back. "I can't believe it, there's a person inside of me" you stammer

"You're pregnant?" He whimpers, biting down on his lip. "You have no idea how happy that makes me" he says eagerly. As he cups your face.

"I probably have to take another test, it's still early. There's risks" you keep listing possible outcomes that could go wrong. Loki kisses you to shut you up.

"Min elskede. We'll work through it all. Together" he says reassuringly. "You are my blessing, and this child is ours"

"I'm new to this being with a god thing." You chuckle nervously. "Has anyone.. is there anything I should know about carrying a demigod baby?" You say. Just after realizing how stupid that must have sounded.

"No, not exactly. I don't think I've ever heard such tales before. I will get one of our best healers to do some research" he explains.

"Alright thank you" you say peacefully as you jump onto the bed.

You and Loki lay in silence for a moment, holding your hands on your stomach. Your mind begins to wander. Thinking of your family back in the city. You've been so consumed by your new life, you haven't been to see any of them for the past two months. You know once you're back there, you won't be able to resist the thrill of another mission. But you promised, no more.

"You miss them dearly don't you?" He asks Sadly

"I do, but things are just so complicated back there. I love this, the simple things" you say as you cuddle up next to him.

"What do you say we watch a movie?" He chuckles
"I'll even let you pick it this time" he says as he wraps a blanket around you, tossing you the remote.

You flip through Netflix searching for something to watch. You settle on hunger games. It's a movie you always watched with Nat. You remember teasing Barton about his resemblance to Katniss for hours on end.

The rain is pouring down outside, as a big storm is brewing. Loki quietly sneaks into the kitchen making you a big bowl of popcorn. Loki doesn't bother watching the movie, he just enjoys looking at you, as your body is fully relaxed. He can't help but smile every time you laugh at something happening on the screen.

The following days consist of throwing up over and over again. You can't seem to keep any food down in your system. It's not just a morning sickness. Your body is soar, and your throat is hurting from all the acid. Loki is so patient with you, helping you at all costs. You want to call the avengers so badly telling them about the news. But you're so afraid that something is wrong. Not even Tony or Bruce can help you out, it's not like they're  experienced in the god area.

"Loki" you whimper breathlessly, as your face is resting against the side of the bathroom wall.

Loki gently lifts you up, placing a single hand against your cheek, as he pushes aside you hair. You're sweating, yet freezing. You can't move.

"I'm going" he says in a pained voice. As he slowly gets up.

"No please don't" you plead, reaching out for his hand.

"I can't let this go on, I'm going to new Asgard, I'll call Romanoff" he says weakly, as he lifts your weak and tired body into the bedroom.

"Loki don't" you try to get back up, but you haven't had a solid meal in the last week. You're body is slowly shutting down.

"I have to protect you... this is killing you"

And just like that he's out the door. You lay restless in your bed twisting and turning. Until your eyes finally close, you drift off to sleep.

"Y/n?" A weak familiar voice says beside you. You slowly open your eyes, Natasha is sitting on the side of the bed. She has a sad smile on her face. You slowly sit up, as the sick feeling returns to your stomach. You would think there would be nothing left.

"I have to use the restroom" you say quietly. As you try to get up from the bed. But your body is fighting against you. Your knees are weak, but you manage to find your way.

After five minutes of throwing up, the door slowly opens as Natasha stands in the doorway. You try to hold it in, but resting your face against the toilet seat, seems to have blown your cover.

"Are you gonna tell me what going on?" She asks concerned. "We haven't seen you in two months. You look like a walking corpse and your guts are in the toilet" she raises her eyebrows.

"I'm fine, I've just been really sick that's all" you say as you slowly get up from the toilet, flushing it down the drain.

"You're still a terrible liar" she shrugs, helping you make your way back to the bed. You lay down as your eyes flicker. "What's really going on?"

You look up at her with sadness in you eyes. "Alright sit down" you can't seem to get the words out, she looks at you questioningly. "I'm pregnant"

She looks at you in disbelief, with such excitement in her eyes. "that's great news y/n, why do you seem sad about it"

"Well as you can see my body isn't responding well to the pregnancy" there's a mixture of sadness and peace as you finally share the news.

"You should have called, Banner could have checked you out"

"It's not like a half witch half god baby, is his specialty" you chuckle. "Loki went to new Asgard, hopefully they'll know something"

"I'm staying until he gets back" she says reassuringly, as she cuddles up next to you. "Get some sleep okay?"

"So she's gonna be fine?" You hear Natashas voice in living room.

"Im not sure, her body is in distress. Any inconvenience might send her into shock" Loki explains as he's pacing back and forth.

"What can we do?" Natasha asks concerned.

"I've been given some herbal treatments to help her keep the food down. She needs as much rest and care as possible" Loki shrugs. There's so much pain in his words. Suddenly he slams his fist into the wall. "This is all my fault, I should've considered this be-"

"Loki will you stop. This is just a small bump on the road." Natasha says gently. "Y/n has always dreamed of starting of a family, she knew it wouldn't be easy... she loves you, and she wants-"

"She deserves easy" he sighs.

You slowly walk into the living room. They both look at you with concern in their eyes.

"I'm not made of glass you know" you scoff. "I want this, I want to do this" you say desperately trying to get them to understand.

"Min elsk-"

"No!" You call out. "This is the greatest blessing I've ever been given" you whimper. Placing your hand on your stomach, you can feel them inside you, their presence. "Nat please don't tell anyone okay, it's too early" you plead.

She looks at you with tears in her eyes, slowly nodding her head. "I won't"

"Thank you" you whisper.

You walk over to Loki, placing a gentle kiss on his hand. "I can do this" you reassure him.

"I know"