Avengers assemble - chapter 4 ४

New Asgard

You, Rocket, and Bruce arrive in Rockets ship in New Asgard. You've heard many stories about Asgard and all it's glory. And although new Asgard is nice, it's not exactly gold and majestic as Asgard was.

You quickly get pointed in direction of Thor, outside his house there's multiple giant beer cans.. You knock on the door, but there's no reply. Bruce decides to enter and you follow along. As you enter the house a stank of beer and sweat overpowers you. And the Thor you once knew isn't the one greeting you at the door.

"Y/n!!! Oh my god I've missed you! And you two! It's so good to see you boys!" Thor greets you with a hug the smell of sweat and beer gets even more overwhelming.

"Thor, my god what happened" you eye him up and down and give him a worried look. You feel a sudden pit in your stomach of guilt, never once did you check up on him after the blip, he lost everyone, his mother, his father.. Even Loki, although Loki was a terrible person Thor loved him dearly.

"What do you mean my lady? I'm great, I'm totally great." You can hear the pain in his voice.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there Thor.. but I'm here now, and we can make it all better. We can undo what Thanos did" you don't get to finish you sentence before Thor throws his glass bottle to the floor.

"Don't you dare say his name!" His voice is shaky and filled with anger, he still has so much guilt over what happened.

"Sorry.. sorry Thor, but we found a solution, we can get them all back!" You try to stay cheerful, but seeing Thor like this breaks your heart. He has always been one of your best friends.

Rocket interrupts you "There's beer".
Thor's eyes glow up.

"Alright then let's go!" Bruce is already halfway out the door, you take Thor's hand and walk with him towards the ship.

The avengers compound

The moment you arrive back at the compound you're greeted by Clint and Natasha.
Meanwhile you were getting Thor, Natasha tracked down Clint's whereabouts. You had heard some rumors about Ronan terrorizing the criminal underground in New York, but finding out it was Clint was not what you had expected. Having gathered all the remaining avengers and friends took quite some time. But now here you were, all together for the first time in 5 years. It was an amazing feeling, but at the same time terrifying. No one knew how this was gonna go. All you needed now was a plan.

The team spent days gathering information on the stones. You, Clint, Nat and Bruce was lying in a puddle on the floor. All of you were tired, you hadn't gotten a good night sleep, and all you could think of right now was a batch of Peppers pancakes. You were almost falling asleep when Nat sat up quickly.
"guys, if we pick the right year, there are three stones in New York" Nat exclaims excitedly.

"Wait really" you sit up as well with hopeful eyes, knowing that this just got much easier. All of the team gather in the meeting room, all the different stones are put into three different categories. Three stones in New York, space, mind and time. One in Asgard, the reality stone. And two in space, the power stone on Morag, and the soul stone on vormir. Now you just needed to divide up into groups after who's more familiar the different places.

"Alright guys, we have a plan, there are six stones, three teams, but we've only got one shot" Steve had as always taking the role as leader, not that anyone minded, perhaps Tony, but Steve was always good at getting straight to the point, and making everyone understand clearly what was gonna happen.

Steve, Bruce, Tony, Scott and you where headed to New York, Nat had requested you'd come with her, but Steve and Tony agreed it would be safer for you to go with them, they were both super protective, and you didn't mind the fact that you brother and boyfriend agreed on something, and you had spend most of your time in New York after all. Nat and Clint was going to vomir to get the soul stone, while Rhodey and Nebula got the power stone from morag. The last team was Thor and rocket going to Asgard to get the reality stone out of Jane foster. And now it was time to bring the plan into action. As always Steve held a motivational speech, because what avengers mission would it be without it.

"Five years ago we lost, we lost friends, we lost our family, we even lost parts of ourselves. Today we have a chance to get it all back. You know your teams. And you know your missions. Get the stones. We don't have time for do overs. Luckily must of us know where we're going, but we don't know what to expect. So be careful, look out for each other. We're gonna win this" Steve looked over at Tony, who gave him a big smile that warmed your heart "whatever it takes" Even though Tony wouldn't admit it, Steve was pretty good at speeches.

You all stepped up on the platform, hulk was fixing the last things before stepping up himself.
Everyone put on their mask and you held onto Steve's hand tightly before you put yours on.
Right before Bruce pressed the button you looked at Nat.

"See you in a minute" she said right as you all shrunk down and entered the quantum realm. It was finally happening. Next thing you knew you where standing in the middle of the chaos in New York City.