Secrets - chapter 51 ४

The past three weeks has been the most normal weeks of your life. Waking up next to the love of your life. Having girls nights with Wanda and Natasha. Only small occasional missions had come up. It seemed like both your life and the world was at peace. No aliens trying to take over the world. Hydra had been shut down once again, and there was no news that they were planning something. Which meant you finally had time to plan your wedding. Although it seemed like neither you nor Loki had any saying it how the wedding was gonna wind up. Tony and Natasha had went into full on planning mode. Making sure you didn't have to lift a finger. You spend all your time with Loki. But something was odd, you hadn't seen anyone around the compound for the past two days, and when you did they would pretty much ignore you. You hadn't talked to Loki all day, he wasn't there when you woke up.

You sit in the common room watching a movie, the compound have never been so quiet as it is today. Suddenly Loki steps out of the elevator, as soon as he spots you, he gets back into the elevator closing the door. You get inside just before it closes completely.

"Why are you ignoring me?" you ask him.

"I'm not in just really busy, and I forgot something upstairs" he explains. You look at him, he's clearly lying. "Sorry darling, I promise you I'm not ignoring you"

"Yeah you are. Everyone is" you say, you're getting really frustrated. "What is going on?"

"We're all just really busy"

"You know for the gos of mischief, you sure are a terrible liar Loki" you scoff.

He can't even look at you, what has he done..?

"We promised never to lie to each other, yet you're lying to me right now" you roll you eyes.

"I really can't discuss this right now y/n, I'm sorry I need to go" he says as he walks out the elevator. You step out in front of him, blocking his way.

"Another lie" you say. You're disappointed.

"I'm not lying, I just can't tell you right now" his voice gets more demanding.

"That's pretty much the same thing" you sigh. Getting out of his way.

"Just let it go min elskede, go relax" he smiles. But you see right through him. He's blocking his mind. He never keeps you out. That mean something is definitely wrong.

"Yeah whatever, I'll find out myself. Wouldn't wanna keep you here" you scoff. As you press the button to the lab.

There's one person you know for a fact can't keep his mouth closed no matter how hard he tries. Your brother. He's always sloppy with his words. If anyones gonna tell you what's going on around here it's him. You're infuriated. Why on earth would Loki go though so much trouble just to ignore you. He always tells you everything. As the elevator door shuts open you storm into the lab. Tony quickly realizes and pushes away something. He puts it under his working station, and start pretending to look for something down there. He's a bad liar, but he's a even shittier actor. You had been texting Tony all last night asking him if he wanted to do something, but he hadn't answered one of them. And now he's at the lab doing absolutely nothing. You storm into the room.

" Anthony Edward Stark, why aren't you answering my texts?" You yell.

"Hey kid" he says awkwardly, as he gets up from the floor, leaning against the wall.

"Care to tell me why you're all avoiding me today?"

He fumbles with his words at first, trying to find out what to say. "We're ehm, we're not"

You squint your eyes, eyeing him up and down. "You are" you say firmly.

"Are we?" He questions nervously.

"Will you stop being a child" you sigh.

"I'm not, I'm just reall-"

"Busy?" You ask.

"Yeah" he says happily.

"You know it's funny, Loki said the exact same thing"
You walk closer to him, he's still being incredibly weird. But he's already finding it hard to come up with a good lie, which is a good sign. "Will you please just tell me what's going on" you plead. Pulling the puppy eye card.

"Alright I will" he says calmly. "Nothings going on"

"I could just reas your mind, mess some things up along the way. Or you could just tell me" you hiss. He's considering it for a second, but you're run out of patience, you enter his mind.

"Alright stop! I'll tell you" he pleads. You chuckle satisfied. As you leave his mind.

"I'm listening"

"You're bachelorette party is tonight, it's a surprise"
Tony explains.

You sigh deeply, face palming yourself. Way to go, your paranoia just ruined your own surprise party.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I'm still a little on edge." You say sitting down on the couch on the lab. "Who's the asshole now"

"Promise me you'll act surprised, Romanoff is gonna murder me if she finds out I told you" he groans.

"But I really didn't want a big thing, it's way to much"

"Of course you do, you love big things. You just don't believe you deserve it." Tony says sitting next to you. "But kid, if anyone deserves a big party and celebration. It's you" he says putting his arm around you.

"Thank you Tony, I'll make sure to stay out of the way." You say sadly, resting your head against him.

"Now go to your room!" He says mockingly.

"Alright, I'm sorry again" you scoff.

You get up slowly making your way back into your room. Throwing yourself onto your bed. You notice your closet is slightly open. You slowly open it up. There's a new gorgeous dress hanging inside. You take it out. It's an emerald green floor gown. You can't believe they went through all this trouble just to give you an unforgettable night. Your body is restless, you just want to see what they're doing.
So instead you use the time to get ready. It's been ages since you put on makeup and did your hair. But tonight was the night. It was the perfect occasion to dress up like there was no tomorrow. If there was anything that was gonna get your mind of things for just a bit, it was a Stark party. You could say a lot about your brother but he sure did know how to throw the best parties.