Balancing the scales - chapter 64 ४

"Alright then lets suit up" you say confidently, following just behind vision. Loki grabs onto your hand stopping you. You look at back at him confused. "What now?" You ask irritated.

"Don't do this y/n" he pleads.

"Do what?"

"Your not in the right mindset to go fight some robot"

"Why not?"

"Stop it darling.. I beg of you"

"Loki.. I have to do this. I'm fine" you're lying, clearly you're not fine, but all you can think of is tearing him apart.

"You're not fine, you're hurting. And whatever you plan on doing won't solve that.. Blocking me out of your mind won't solve it"

"So taking over New York wasn't your desperate attempt to forget your own trauma?" You ask. Not even thinking of what you just said.

"That's enough" Tony steps in.

"And creating an evil robot, wasn't your attempt to make up for all the times you've fucked up?" You hiss.

"Y/n, you're not yourself right now" Loki says gently.

"Maybe not, but I'm doing this, with or without you" you sigh as you push past them.

"She's gonna get herself killed" Tony whispers.

"Not if we help her, promise me you won't let her out of your sight" Loki begs him. "Promise me if it comes down to it.. we'll be the one making the sacrifice not her!"

"I promise you, I'll do everything I can to keep her safe" Tony assures him. Reaching out his hand, Loki hesitates for a second before shaking his hand. "I promise you I won't let anything happen to her" Tony says, Following behind you.

You go to your old room, dusting off the old suit. You never though you'd be using this again. But right now you're glad they saved it. You'll be needing it. Loki rushes after you.

"Y/n, are you sure you're okay?" Loki questions.

"What do you think? Of course I'm not okay." You admit. "But as soon as we finish this, we can go home, and then everything will be alright" you explain. "I just want to end this"

"Alright, but if something goes sideways I'm taking you home"

"We have to end this Loki.."

"I know min elskede" he says, as he holds onto you. Leaving a passionate kiss on your lips.

"Now gear up, there's work to do"

Everyone is gathering their things, suiting up. Clint is stocking up on his truck arrows. He takes a moment to look at the picture in his pocket. You're all doing this for someone. Clint is just like you, hoping this will be his finale fight, so he can go home to his family. Tony spends his time finding an old file in his desk. He takes out a card labeled friday. It's a more advanced update to Jarvis. He's not sure if it fully functional, but Jarvis is wired up inside Vision. So for now it'll have to do. Loki spends most his time following around you like a lost puppy. He can sense the pain in your mind. But there's no use talking any sense into you at this point. He has to trust you.

When everyone is ready you gather up inside the quinjet. Getting ready to fly back to the old avengers tower. Banner has located Ultrons last activity to there. It's kinda metaphorical, he's taking you back to where it all began.. The battle of New York.

"Alright avengers. Since Steve isn't here to give a big motivational speak I'll give it a try" you start. "We stick together, or we don't stand a chance. It's not going to be easy... but it never is" you sigh deeply. Everyone is focusing on you. "We all have a family we want to get back to, so let's make sure that we do..if you get shot you walk it off. We end this today together" you add.