My choice - chapter 72

7 months in Lom Norway

You struggle to get out of bed, feeling as the extra weight is keeping you down. "Loki will you help me up" you ask.

He stumbles out of the bed, gently leading you out of the bed, as you stand before the mirror looking at you belly.. 4 months and you're already huge.. No one said it was gonna be easy. But at this point you're still scared you might loose these children as well. The longing for your family hasn't gotten easier over the last months. But Loki regularly went to visit them. Seems as though things are looking brighter. Loki always returns with a letter from Natasha, it was nice having someone else to talk to. Share the news about your pregnancy. It's a boy and a girl. You quickly decided on names for the babies. The girl Frigga, and the Boy Edward. Natasha was a little disappointed you didn't name one after her, but you promised her if you ever got a cat it would be called Nat.

You've visited Sól regularly, following every step of the pregnancy. The babies are growing faster than they should.. chances are you might give birth sooner than what's healthy for your body. But the last thing you're thinking about lately is your own health. As long as the babies are good.. so are you. Loki on the other hand is terrified.

"You should be resting" Loki says sternly, as he wraps his arms around you looking down at you stomach. By the looks of it you could be giving birth any day by now.

"I can't stay in bed until I give birth" you chuckle nervously.

"Something isn't right y/n, perhaps we should go home"

"This is our home now" you turn to face him, cupping his face. As much as you wish that things could go back to normal you had made a promise to Fury. One you intended to keep. "Will you please go for a walk with me?"

"You'll be the death of me woman" Loki scoffs as he grabs your coat.

You take a long stroll through the city, resting all your weight against him. Your legs are tired and swollen. With every step you take you can feel yourself grow more tired. Like they're made of rubber.

"You're not well y/n" Loki deduces.

"I am perfectly fine" you try to assure him.

"I'm taking you home." He scoffs, as he lifts you up from the ground. Carrying you back home. This small trip was the only time you've been outside your house in 4 weeks. And although you enjoyed all the time you had with Loki, once he went to work you were all alone. There was nothing you could do anymore. Like the babies sucked out your energy, taking away your power for themselves to keep them alive.

Loki didn't earn much at his job, but he absolutely loved it, he was always so happy when he came home, bringing you new books. Things were going as well as expected. But something felt so wrong.

"Do you need anything before I go?" Loki asks.

You're cuddled up on the couch with a warm blanket around you. "I'm fine Loki.. just go" you say reassuringly. He's so worried about you all the time.

Loki nods sadly, as he kisses you on the forehead before leaving for work. You twist and turn on the couch trying to find a good position.

There's suddenly a knock on the door. You open your eyes slowly. You fell asleep, so it's probably Loki waiting for you outside with yet another surprise. You wrap a robe around you, wondering why he doesn't just walk in. When there's another knock on the door.

"I'm coming" you yell, opening the door. "Fury?"

He stands with a smile on his face, that's quickly replaced by pure shock as he notices your stomach. He's not normally one to be silent, but you have left him speechless.