Brat - chapter 43 ४

Back at the cottage Sam and Bucky are drinking coffee while talking. You burst through the door, lifting Bucky up from the ground. Sam quickly stands up trying to calm you down, yet you don't hear him. Your eyes are glowing a dark lilac color. You can't seem to control yourself, all the anger and pain. Now you're just taking it out on him.

"Why the fuck did you just leave me?" You yell. "That's fucking rude Bucky"

"Put him down" Sam grabs you, which causes you to flinch, dropping Bucky on the ground. Bucky shakes it off rolling his eyes at you. You can't stand him. You can't stand anyone.

"For god sake SAY SOMETHING"

"Stop being so immature then maybe I'll talk" Bucky shrugs.

"Oh so I'm being immature?" You laugh.

"Yeah pretty much"

Sam stands in silence watching the two of you yell at each other from across the room.

"I didn't ask for your help, so if you're gonna be like that I'm gonna leave" you say storming into your room packing your bag. Bucky remains seated.

"Buck stop her man" Sam whispers. But he doesn't move.

"I'm going, thanks for breaking me out" you sigh sarcastically. Rolling your eyes.

"Fine, i don't fucking care"

"Don't go we'll figure this out" Sam says warmly.

"Let her, you're a brat Stark you know that" he scoffs.

"What did you just call me?" You yell. "Did you just call me a fucking Brat?" You send cups and plates flying towards him, he covers his face with his metal arm breaking them one by one. "I'm not the coward here Barnes, as soon as you open up to someone you get crappy"

Bucky walks up to you pinning you against the wall, you both know you could blast him away without blinking. But you stand there laughing at him.

"You don't know me.. you didn't even know Steve" he growls. "SO STOP PRETENDING TO CARE" he screams, banging his fist against the wall just beside your head. You don't even flinch.

"Apologize... right now James" you whisper.

"You get one when you deserve one" he scowls.

"Just tell me what I did to you?..." you say quietly. "I've always been there for you.. even when I found out that y-"

"That I murdered your parents"

A tear falls from your eye. As you bite down on the inside of your cheek until it starts bleeding.

"Yeah I forgave you, even though I hated you. Did you know that?" You ask.. " I loathed you... but I forgave you for everything.. all the bullshit.. all. The. Lies" you spit

"Fuck you stark" he grabs your arm.

Sam steps in pulling him away from you. Your eyes are red and puffy one more word from him, and you would burst into tears.

"That's enough Buck, you're both in the wrong here. But she didn't do anything okay" Sam calms him down.

He steps away from you walking into the kitchen pouring himself another drink.

"Fine.."

"Why do you hate me so much? Can't you just accept that I didn't choose Steve?"

"Well Steve definitely didn't" he scoffs emptying his drink.

"Too far" you mutter, as tears begins streaming down your face.

His expression softens, as he sees your reaction.

"I regret everyday that I cheated on him.. EVERY DAY" you cry out. "But I don't regret falling in love with Loki.. so if you can't accept that, then I don't want your help"

Bucky looks down at the ground, shattered glass is everywhere.

"Alright"

Suddenly the sound of sirens fills the void of silence. It's police cars and they're coming closer.

"We gotta go now! Sam get the car ready" Bucky yells. "You.. just don't do anything, you think you can do that for just one second?"

You just nod your head. Panic runs through your body. In just one minute Sam has packed a car, and all your stuff is ready and packed. There's no trace that you were ever in this house.

While Bucky and Sam had been running around the house you had made a phone call. Your phone was locked up somewhere as evidence, and if you had it on you it probably wasn't safe to use. Everyone was tracking your every move at the moment. Luckily no one suspected Sam had any involvement in this. And his passwords was pretty easy to guess. He's the type that had his birthday as his password.

You got into the car sitting in the backseat. Lying with a cover on top of you just in case you drove by a police car.

"So do you guys have a plan" you mumble.

"No we just had to get away" Sam says. Bucky stays silent.

"Well I have good news, I called an old friend of Tony's, got us a private jet. Just text him an address and he'll be there within an hour" you grin satisfied.

"You have a jet?" Sam asks.

"No I don't have a jet, I know someone who has a jet"  you chuckle.

Sam hands Bucky the phone so he can text the man the address.

"Living up to the Stark name" Bucky says quietly but you hear him loud and clear.

"Well it's a dying name" you sigh.

Bucky goes silent again.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for being rude I know you're just trying to help" you say quietly.

"You weren't being rude. You do however have somewhat of an attitude problem, just like Bucky" Sam says.

You sigh in relief, you knew you were dramatic at times. You didn't mean to be, you just had a short temper lately.

"I don't have an attitude problem" Bucky says.

You can't help but laugh. "Well if he doesn't have an attitude problem I certainly don't.

"You two are unbelievable." Sam sighs. "You two used to be friends, you had each other's back"

You and Bucky lock eyes.." well people change.. grow older or at least I do."

"Buck say something" Sam demands, gently pushing his shoulder.

"He doesn't like me very much anymore"

"That's not true"

"It is true" Bucky sighs.

"You know you have no right to be mad at me" you exclaim.

"Well here I am" Bucky growls.

"You're pathetic" you say beneath your breath.

"Guess you have a thing for that"

You shake you head as you let it rest against the car seat. Slowly closing your eyes. These last 4 days had been some of the most chaotic ever. Stabbing Loki, shooting Tony. Getting chased by the police through New York. Getting questioned for hours. Getting locked up in the raft. Escaping with Bucky. Yelling and screaming.

You just wanted to cuddle up next to Loki. He was the only one that could quiet your thoughts. He made you feel right at home. And right now home was all you needed.

Loki... can you hear me?

Please, I'm so sorry for everything.

I'm begging you..

Nothing.

He couldn't hear you.

Maybe he didn't want to hear you.

I'm here elskede

You're not sure whether or not it was your imagination dying to hear his voice again. Of it was really him. But none of that mattered. The sound of his voice was all you needed  And just like that you fell asleep with a smile on your face.