You're a monster - chapter 11 ४

Time passed by weirdly in the TVA you had no clue how long you had been here, sometimes it felt like a couple of days had passed by, other days it seemed like months. All you knew was that Mobius was right time worked differently in the TVA and whatever concept of time you had known was not useful here. It seemed like the days were fading together into one. Most of the time you and Loki would scream and yell at each other, when you weren't out on mission with Mobius. Yet even there you would pick fights with one another. No matter how hard he tried he always would fall back into old patterns and try to sabotage you. Luckily Mobius knew just how to see past the mischievous God's lies. Yet here you were studying every file closely as Loki sat with his feet resting upon the stack of files while reading a magazine. You glared at him with slightly scrunched eyes.

"Are you planning on helping anytime soon?" You asked coldly, as you pushed his feet down from the table.

"No? I already know everything about myself, I don't need some foolish papers to tell me" he sneers as he stands up from the chair, moving closer towards you with heavy yet slow footsteps.

"Clearly you don't cause we haven't caught them yet, so how about you get off your ass and begin being useful" you say with a calm voice, as you give him a small smile that quickly turns to a frown. Before you can even react to his movement he's right behind you, your hands are pinned against your back. His other hand has a firm grip on your hair pulling it slightly downward so you're unable to move a muscle. You could feel his chest pressed against your skull, you cringe as you can feel his breath on the tip of your ear.

"You will do well not to cross a again mortal, I've been nice towards your unspeakable manners. Yet my patience has run out. Are we clear?" He sneers. His cold breath makes you flinch. Even though you're strong, you were no match to the god. You're trapped, unable to move. You close your eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'm not some puppet you can toy around with when you feel like it, you got us into this mess. You're gonna help get us out." You say, trying to keep calm as much as possible, fearing any sign of anger would set him off. You're eyes are still shut heavy, hoping it would sharpen your other senses.

"I find this quite amusing actually, I have nothing to return to. Yet I get to see you suffer, just like I did." He breathes in low husky voice. Your entire body fills with goosebumps, you know he sensed it cause he let out a small dark chuckle.

" I know you're hurting Loki, but we both know you wouldn't hurt me. Deep down you don't want to hurt people" you say gently, the best tactic for now is to stay submissive towards him. For a moment you feels his hand lightly loosening his grip on your hair. You catch your breath for a moment hoping you got to him in some way. Suddenly he shoves you to the floor, you flinch as the hard marble floor meets your knees. His grip on your hair tightens once again as he pulls you head back in one swift motion. Your eyes shut open as your eyes meet his.

"Petty" he spits. "Are you really trying to talk to my humanity mortal?I'm no mortal man" Loki laughs cruelly. " you see I don't care about you, so spare your pathetic words for me. All you'll ever be is a spoiled quim" he lets go of your hair as you fall onto the floor. Your whole body is shaking, leaving your hands planted on the floor. Your eyes are locked on your shivering hands, using every breath to hold in your tears. Whatever hope you had that the man could change was gone. He was cold.

"You're a monster" you say quietly, still focused on catching your breath.

"No Mortal. I'm the devil" he whispers as he pulls away from you.

You're left alone in the room, suddenly you break down crying. You could have been back home with your family. But you chose to stay here and help him. And this is how he repays you. There's a constant ringing in your ears, the silence is eating you alive. Yet you feel nothing..

Suddenly You can hear footsteps near you.
Heavy footsteps.

"Loki I'm done okay, just leave me alone" you whimper, as you finally gather the Strength to lift your head from the cold floor.

"Y/n?"

"Mobius!" You call out.

"I'm alone, Loki is on timeout" he answers, suddenly the ringing in your ears goes away. "Are you okay?"

"I'm so sick of him Mobius, I want to go home..." you sob, tears falling down your stained cheeks. Your body trembles.

"I know" he says calmly. "But we need him, you're the only one he listens too"

You begin laughing as you let your guard slowly crumble down. "He doesn't listen to anyone, he's to far up his own goddamn ego to meet others needs"

Silence fills the room for a moment.

"You know I've studied Every word, every action of a loki for the past month. It's not anger, it's because he cares" he says as he give you a warm hug, you let yourself be completely consumed by it, as you break down once again. "He cares about you, and all he's ever known is disappointment, so he shuts you out, just like he did with his mother, and what he did t.." he claims

" to Thor?" You guess.

"Exactly" he says. "I'm gonna let him cool off for a couple of minutes, I want you to go to the library and get some more files, then meet me in the cafeteria when you're done" he says gesturing towards the door. You break the hug. "You're going home y/n. With or without him. You have my word" his gentle voice calms you down, he takes his thumb and dries away your tears. You mouth a thank you at him as he turns around and leaves you alone again.

Even if Loki cared, there was no excuse for his toxic behaviour. But after all he was probably your ticket out of here, so you were just gonna have to play along, after all you had some training doing undercover work. All this was, were you next mission, and he was you target.