Reindeer games - chapter 23 ४

New York City

You look around taking in your surroundings. You couldn't believe it, you were actually back. The question was when were you back... if you were stuck in 2012, you definitely had a whole new thing to deal with, you had no pym particles... You run towards the first person you see passing you on the street. Loki confusingly follows behind you.

"Excuses me sir, what day is it?" You ask eagerly. The man pulls out his phone and shows you his Home Screen. 

Monday, 16 October

That unfortunately doesn't help you much... it wasn't really the date you had been thinking most about since you arrived at the TVA. Plus you didn't relay know if it had been 3 months... or a year... You know it's gonna sound insane but then again no matter what year it is aliens had invaded earth.. so would time travel really surprise them.

"Do you know what year it is?" You hesitantly ask.

The man eyes you up and down, you did look insane. You had been wearing the same clothes for the past 3 days. Nearly died twice, semi died once. And fought a sky monster. So you couldn't blame him for looking at you like you were insane.

"... it's 2023" he answers. You hug him as you sigh deeply.

"Thank you so much!!" You exclaim as you turn towards Loki!.

"Alright then, Let's get going" you sigh. Before you can think of a plan to get back to the compound. Loki steps in front of a car, and as the driver stops in shock he breaks open the door, and pulls the confused woman out of her car.

"Hey what the fuck do you think you're-" she yells out, but Loki grabs her by the throat, he looks at her with infuriating eyes. She quickly fleas the scene.

You look at him in shock... you had forgotten this side of him especially after all intimate moments you had shared over the past months. Loki steps into the car. "Are you coming?" He asks casually. Your mouth drops as his casual tone after what he had just done.

"You just stole a car? And threatened a civilian" you yell out in anger.. he laughs at your dramatic reaction.

"And what's the problem if I may ask?" He smirks.

"You STOLE A CAR!" You scream out!

"Yes, very terrible, anyway get in" he demands.

If this had been under any other circumstances, you wouldn't have gotten in the car, but you had to see your family again. No matter the cost. And today the cost was stealing a car.

"I can't believe you just did that" you hiss, as you get in the driver seat. And set direction against the compound. There was no way you were letting him drive the car.

"It's a car, it's not like I killed anybody" he scoffs.

You can't help but laugh at his logic... but then again this was probably the least criminal thing he had done this past year.

The car ride towards the compound was filled with excitement. Yet you could see Loki was terrified.. he kept fidgeting with his hands.

"It's gonna be fine Loki, just let me lead" you say to reassure him. He lets out a small chuckle.

"How charming now my little pet wants to be in control huh?" He smirks. You take a deep breath as you tilt your head slightly still keeping your eyes on the road.