Road trip - chapter 54 ४

"Come to bed elskede, I'm begging you" Loki sighs, watching as you remove the remaining makeup. You have used way to much time on it. Honestly you spend most of the time thinking about Steve. It was as though your heart had been ripped out once again.

"Give me a few more minutes" you scoff. As you look up at your reflection. You remove the masacra stain on your cheek, it was only a reminder of one of many tears you've cried.

"Y/n, if you don't get over here in the next thirty second, I'm carrying you myself" he groans. Slowly sitting up.

You don't answer him, you don't even look at him. You keep rubbing the cotton pad against your skin.
Suddenly Loki stands behind you grabbing a hold of your hand. He forces your hand open. You've been digging your fingernails into the palm of your hand all night.

"I told you to stop that" there's both pain and frustration in his voice.

"It was either that or blow something up" you chuckle nervously.

"It's always the second option"

"I'm sorry"

"Me too"

He grabs onto you carrying you into bed. Placing you gently on top of him. Embracing you tightly.

"You know I would do anything to make you happy right?" He mumbles, while he's stroking your hair. Comforting you as best as he can.

"You shouldn't have to"

"But I will, Whatever it takes" he leaves a small kiss on the top of your head. You look up at him connecting your lips with his. As soon as you kiss him, your mind gets quiet. Everything stops hurting. His love was a drug, addictive, safe. Probably unhealthy in some ways. But it numbed the pain. His love is a drug... and you're deeply addicted.

"I want to go see his grave"

"Okay.. ? When do you want to go?" He asks.

"Now?"

He laughs at your answer, until he looks down at you face realizing you're serious. He sits up, and you do the same.

"Now?" He repeats.

"Yes. You don't have to come" you assure him as you get up.

"If that's what you want I'm going too."

You grab onto the nearest pairs of sweat pants, and one of Tony's old t-shirts. Putting on the first pair of shoes you find. You look back at him. He's worried about you, and if he's inside your head he has every right to be. It's one giant mess in there. You're not thinking clearly, you just know you have to go. If you're gonna get the closure you need. It has to be tonight. In one month you're getting married. You can't do that before you've said your final goodbye. Letting all of your past rest, let it stay in the past.

Your minds a ruin min elskede, are you sure it has to be now

You grab his hand.

I have to say goodbye, I have to let him go

He nods understandingly, as he grabs the car keys on your desk. And follows you into the garage.

It was already 5 in the morning when you took the car. It was gonna be a long ride to reach Arlington National Cemetery, from upstate New York. More specifically four and half hours. You were clearly too drunk to be behind the steering wheel, so Loki had to drive. Which wasn't a pleasant experience.

You couldn't stand the silence, but you couldn't find something to say to him either. He was going through so much trouble just so you could say goodbye to your ex boyfriend. If that doesn't give him the fiancé of the year award nothing does. You let your guard stay down, since you couldn't talk to him, you could at least show him that you trust him.