Down memory lane - chapter 9 ४

The screen flickered as an image began to form like puzzles fitting into place and soon you could see the beautiful skyline of New York City, Avengers tower stood right in the middle.. the device wasn't a laptop.. it was holoprojector, Tony had build you one once.

The three of you had your eyes glued to the image, that shifted into a small clip of you and the remaining avengers all gathered around Loki in the avengers tower. Loki shook his head and sighed heavily.

"Let's have a look at you first y/n, shall we" Mobius said as he pushes a button that rewinded the tape. The small clip on the screen had now changed to you as a toddler, shortly after your 2 year old birthday... Tony had you in his arms. He was Consoling you.

"Why.. how do you have this? It was never recorded" your eyes began to water, the video in front of you was your parent's funeral.. You didn't remember it, but Tony had told you about what happened.

"It was when it all started, the loss of your parents." Mobius stated. He then gestured for you to keep watching.

The video on the screen changed once again. Showing small clips of you and Tony as you both grew up.. The constant envy between you and your brother. Watching him succeed and get everything while you were left standing in his shadow.. it all came back to you, the jealousy... the hatred for your older brother.

"When are you gonna grow up y/n? Huh?... it's time for you to take some responsibility in this family." It was Tony's voice.. a single tear fell down from your cheek. You looked slowly away but you eyes shifted back to the screen when a video of you in captivity was shown... hydra.

"Test subject 137 y/n Stark, please state your name and your status" the voice belonged to the scientist.

Slowly a younger version of you walked in.. you had just turned 15. "My name is y/n stark and I am a volunteer" the you in the video walked closer towards a small yellow floating stone... Then the screen went completely black.

Loki shifted his gaze to you.

"Ahh an infinity stone? But your nothing but a mere mortal how?" His question lingered in the air. Your eyes was still fixated on the screen. Flashing images of all the tests made on you, your powers getting stronger and glowing a dark lilac color.

"My grandmother.. she was believed to be from a long line of witches.. So I guess it was already In my blood" the pain in your voice made his face tighten up, more than normally. As he looked at the video of you being a subject of torture, he let his shoulders drop lightly. Was that empathy you could sense?

Mobius fast forwarded to your return, as Tony made an oath to never let you out of his sight.. Shortly after you were back where you started the battle of New York.

"I'm sorry Mobius I don't understand why you're showing me all of this. I know how I got my powers." You said getting frustrated, if this was some sick sort of entertainment for him.

"I'm more interested in why you chose to volunteer for an organisation such as HYDRA?" Mobius asks, getting ready to write your answer down in his notebook.

You close your eyes, as the memories comes flooding back to you. "I didn't know what they was when I signed up.. I was jealous of all my brothers attention, tired of living in his shadow all my life" you answer. "So I ran away, I joined something called the peace corps. Or that's what they called themselves, they were looking for young people to help create a better world.." you cringe as you talk, how could you have been so naive.

"And at what point did you realise it wasn't that?"

You clench your jaw. "When the torture began" you say quietly. "The starvation, the fights. The pain..." you add. "Listen I know I got myself in that position but I was young! I was just a kid, I wanted to change the world. Be like my brother" you say angrily. "Why are you showing me this?"
Mobius didn't answer he simply put a finger up to his mouth as to shut you up. The the video continued to show you your first kiss with Steve, it was right after the death of Peggy... Loki shook his head and rolled his eyes, clearly not amused by the affection between you and the soldier. While you couldn't help but smile.