C H A P T E R 03

03| The Mastermind

"I know you have a huge lot of questions on your mind

"I know you have a huge lot of questions on your mind. Go ahead, ask." Mason said.

"Trust me this is going to be entertaining." Alli remarked, giving him a side glance. But this time, he was dead serious.

Adrenaline shot through my nerves. I guess this was by far the most thrilling activity I'll ever be doing. Hearing the truth. Oliver seated next to me placed a hand over my bouncing knee, gesturing me to calm down.

"Start from the beginning." Rafael said in a commanding tone.

Mason's not gonna like that tone. However he let it go by passing him a snide look and began talking.

"This was never supposed to happen in the first place." He fidgeted with my maroon scrunchie which he wears all the time in his wrist. "You were never supposed to know the truth about your real identity. I'm sorry if I sound unfair. There's gonna be a lot of instances where I'll apprear to be harsh. But I need you to know it was all for your safety."

"We understand." Oliver nodded, holding my hand instinctively as if I'll vanish any moment.

"I don't know how annd why, but for some reason entire Esztar believed I was an Invisible Spy. All the Members were out to find the Visitant and so, all of Esztar was behind me. That meant she was in danger along with me. This was around the time you were nagging me to allow you to work with Grayson Inc."

"You didn't want me to work there because of Oliver?" I said it more like a statement.

"Precisely."

"If that's the case then why didn't you take her somewhere far away?" Rafael questioned.

"Because the best way to hide something is to not hide it at all." Liam said.

Mason nodded, looking out at the silent night. "More and more people were out for my neck. I had to disappear for a while. I couldn't do that with her. She had to be separated from me if I wanted her alive. But if not me then who? We didn't have anyone else. So I had to take the extreme step. To send her home. Where she belonged."

Where I belonged?

The statement was more than hurtful. He thought I didn't belong with him?

"I appeared before Liam on purpose. I knew he'd go running to his cousin, informing him that the girl he fired just a few hours back was somehow associated with me. And then you kidnapped her. My plan worked." He smirked.

"This is bull crap!" Oliver scowled. "You could've just told me she was my sister. We would've saved so much trouble."

Mason stared at him blankly for a long time. "Hello Mr Rivera. Meet Vittoria Andress who's actually a Rivera, that is your secret sister. Oh and kiddo! You're kinda not my sister. I was just your Keeper and he's your brother. Bye. Have a nice day!"