C H A P T E R 29

28 | The Covert Labyrinth

Toby, Liam, Vittoria, Mason, Allegra and I accidentally gathered in muffin's messy room which was currently getting tidied by the supermodel

"Alli." Vittoria whined. "You've got a hand broken. Stop doing this."

"Oh then who's going to do it?" She said in a mom tone, holding up a curling iron lying near the bathroom mat. "How can one live in such a messy space! I can't even breathe. Jesus!" She jerked open a drawer, nearly placing it where it belonged.

She wouldn't stop until the place became breathable again. The twins reluctantly offered her a helping hand. It was more like she threatened them with Vittoria's black glitter gun.

"Are you done now, Miss Neat Freak?" Mason said, sliding aside the shopping bags from the couch to make space for himself.

I don't understand what was wrong in tidying up a place resembling a hurricane hit zone. But if I support her, he'll start again with his childish teasing.

"Do you have space in your closet to fit all those clothes?" Toby glanced at the shopping bags.

"I can help her with it." Liam smirked flirtatiously. "I'm quite skilled in fitting huge stuff in small spaces."

"You see there's an upgrade. He's slowly going towards good quality flirting." Allegra beamed like a proud mom.

"I've been taking lessons from the best." He winked at her and the remaining people grumbled in annoyance.

The next ten minutes went in them playing flirting-flirting while we patiently waited for their session to get over.

"You guys! Go sleep. Don't stay awake for me. I'm okay." Vittoria tried for the fourth time now.

She's a fool if she thinks we're gonna buy that lie. She can try all she likes but we all know this being alright facade is entirely fake.

"Seriously Oliver. Camila needs you more than me right now."

"I'll stay the night with her in her room." Allegra assured with a warm smile.

"That's okay. Camila is with..." Liam didn't complete the sentence out of hesitation.

"Jeez! She's with Rafael. Say it. Stop overreacting." Vittoria frowned like it wasn't difficult for her to say it.

"Ew, green!" Allegra twisted her lips peeking at one of the bags, quickly changing the topic. "Why did you buy anything green? Who the fuck looks good in green?"

"I know someone." Liam chimed in, rigorous scrolling through his phone. "This beauty." The screen displayed the photograph of a blonde wearing a green dress at some red carpet event. When I inched closer to take a good look, it turned out that the girl was...