C H A P T E R 85

85 | The Ultimate Villain

"Keep an eye on her." I ordered the lone guard, trying my best to not slash Suzanne's throat. "And make sure he doesn't know about her."

"Let me go!" She struggled against the bounds of the ropes tying her to the chair like that would break her free.

I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked even more ugly in this darkness, making me wonder what Mason saw in her. I was so much better than her.

And even Vittoria.

It sucked to be rejected by every single man I ever wanted and for what? Ugly bitches like them!

Not wanting to even be near her, I headed out, stealthily climbing up the stairs of the house beach house bathed in darkness. A different kind of relief washed over me as I entered the room. My room.

I suddenly regretted going back to that godforsaken place I called my home. This was my home.

It surprised me how the memory of him handing me the key of this beautiful house made me smile.

Him. The Visitant.

The man who loves me.

Probably the only man who loves me.

The man I found so repulsive and yet I found myself happy whenever he came and visited me here. It was crazy how I craved his presence and feared it at the same time.

I always did. But today, the fear was at its peak.

That reminded me of the very limited amount of time I had. The guards must've informed him of my presence. He must be here within minutes. I had to be quick.

My trembling hands reached out to extract my phone from my back pocket, the action causing me to wince at the bruises on my body.

Fucking Allegra Tanner.

"Shit!" I cursed, noticing the dead battery. Luckily I found a charger and quickly brought my phone back to life. Once it did, I hit the name, my eyes watering at the mere thought of what I was about to do.

His phone was off. A chill ran down my spine.

"Come on, Mase."

I needed to contact him. Now! Please don't make this more difficult for me.

I tried again but to no use. I contemplated over calling Oliver but I decided against it. So much for what— saving that Suzanne?

I needed to tell Mase about this location. If he didn't reach here, there was no way she could have her life back.

I was more than surprised by my own self. But Mason loves her. And I love him.

I love him goddammit!