C H AP T E R 41

41 | A Non-Esztarian. For A Change.

"How are you going to hide those, Vi?" Alli studied my wounds

"How are you going to hide those, Vi?" Alli studied my wounds. This time it was bad. But I won. So it was worth it.

"The stairs excuse. It always works." I managed.

We were heading out of the curved tunnel. Darkness was at its peak and the dry leaves mixed with other crap crunched under our feet. Mason was still in the underground space, some guys from his days over here got him caught up with them. We didn't want risking Alli's presence there was too long so we made our way out to the car.

"Make sure you reach home after everyone's asleep." She suggested, her voice echoing in the tunnel.

"Yeah, I'll give some excuse like visiting our home with Mason because I was feeling nostalgic. What do you think? It'll work?" I asked, wincing at the pain.

"It shall do. But seriously, Vittoria you can't keep coming here. Look at you."

"Oh it's nothi-"

My mouth shut and opened back in a split second with a muffled groan followed my a shocked but alert scream.

We weren't alone in here. The person I bumped into just at the end of the tunnel somewhat kept my body from collapsing down. The deserted alleyway was illuminated by a single glint of silver light emitted from the lone functioning lamppost.

It fell obliquely over his eyes. I'd seen them before.

"Blondie? Hey!" I chuckled nervously for some unknown reason.

He steadied me in the most decent manner but those bluish grey eyes were trained on Allegra in an unsettling alloy of confusion, shock and..something else.

Then it clicked! Alli didn't have her mask on!

"Allegra Tanner?" He gasped. "The Allegra Tanner!" He stumbled back with the amount of shock he was feeling.

Hold on. Something was happening in here.

Alli too, was busy studying the man with a hint of familiarity in those narrowed blue eyes.

"I know you from somewhere." She mumbled, her mind reeling at the faint recognition.

They know each other? Is he from Esztar? Does he know me as well? Is that why he betted such a big amount on me?

"Outhwaite?" She asked, unsure.

"You remember me?" His brows shot up.

"London Fashion Week?"

What was I seeing! The guy was blushing! Damn! That was...cute.

"Harrison Outhwaite, ma'am. Such a pleasure to see you in person." He said in his smooth voice with a British accent.