C H A P T E R 60

60 | A Search Into Your Heart

"Wow! This is seriously amazing, Mase

"Wow! This is seriously amazing, Mase." Alli whispered, gawking at the paintings in Camila's room.

"We aren't here to admire her art. Focus." I scolded, twisting kiddo's hairpin to unlock the drawers.

There had to be something in here. Even the smallest of clues would work. Something is better than nothing. But until now, we didn't have anything in hand.

"Oh, Travis! Hi!" Vittoria screeched enthusiastically from outside to signal us. We stopped with our movements and maintained a pin drop silence.

"Good evening, ma'am." He greeted.

"How's Andrew?" She asked, initiating a conversation to distract him.

"Who's Andrew?" Alli whispered.

"Travis's boyfriend. Apparently, Travis happens to be her friend."

"He's good." Travis replied. "And um..we're marrying."

"Oh my god, what! That's amazing! Congratulations, Travis. I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you ma'am." His smile was clearly heard in his voice.

Their conversation slowly faded as they walked away or more precisely, Vittoria took him away from here. I exhaled a held in breath but moved to the door, pressing my ear over it while Alli continued with the search. Vittoria was gone and we couldn't afford to leave the area unguarded.

"Psst." Alli called, checking the dressing table. "I think we were wrong about Travis. He doesn't seem so shady now."

She was kinda right but I won't take anyone off the radar. He was Camila's bodyguard since she was a teen. I was even aware about how Travis disliked Vittoria in the beginning thinking she had replaced Camila. That alone said a lot about his loyalty.

"Did you find anything?" I asked getting anxious.

"No." She shook her head. "I told you we won't get anything in here. If she's really working with the Visitant then she's smart. She won't be careless enough to leave clues in her room."

"Can't you leave your pessimism aside for a while?" I said, my body turning stiff as I heard some footsteps but relaxed when I realized it was Vittoria. She gestured about her presence and I joined back with the search.

I remember her talking to someone discreetly at night. Maybe there's a burner phone. Or maybe something else, anything. No crime is perfect. She had to leave back some clue that helped us confirm our doubt and find some proof.

"Hey Mase." Alli nudged me with her elbow. "What's that?" She pointed at the canvases draped with the red velvet cloth."

"It's her special project." I rolled my eyes, recollecting her first sincere smile when she talked about it.