C H A P T E R 20

20 | "Is my singing that bad?"

"You have any idea how good you look in my sweater?"

I smiled glancing at her petite frame scooped in my arms as we headed downstairs after the shower. I insisted on her wearing my black knit sweater with her black leggings. I knew she'd look amazing in it.

She looks amazing in everything.

Although my personal favorite is the naked outfit.

"I would look way better without this blindfold." She complained for the fifth time in a span of two minutes.

"Patience!" I shouldered the main door open, feeling a gust of chilling morning air attack us.

"It's too cold!" She shivered, snuggling into my chest.

I was a huge jumble of nerves on the inside. I hope she likes it. I hope I don't let her down.

I gently put her down and went on to untie the blindfold on her eyes. She giggled with her eyes closed, the sound making my heart soar.

"Can I open my eyes now?" The restless girl shifted side to side.

"Please do, my love."

Those charismatic eyes slowly fluttered open and then went wide as she took in the surroundings of this house. She gasped, covering her gaping mother with her hands.

"I- I have no words, Rafael."

I exhaled a held in breath. She liked it.

We were on a hilltop with this house being the only one in the area. A hundred meter lawn before the house was covered with a thin sheet of snow which sparkled as sunlight washed over it. At the end of it, there was a steep valley and huge pines lined along the sides. And several miles away, there were giant mountains that surrounded us. Their peaks shyly peeped out from the blanket of clouds which was the only thing to be seen if we look down at the valley. Those mountain were the Alps.

"You...you remembered?" She stuttered, still in awe.

"Of course." I smiled. "You once asked me to kidnap you into a fairytale – a place with a lone aesthetic house on a hilltop and mountains surrounding us. This is it. Our fairytale." I stretched my arms open.

"Oh Raf!" She jumped into my arms, holding me as tight as she could. "I never knew a place like this even existed."

There's nothing I couldn't make possible for her. All she has to do is ask for it.

"Your wish, my command." I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you more than cookies and cream ice cream." She squealed.

That's a lot. I felt honored.

Above all, it felt so good to not see guilt in her eyes after saying that. I couldn't explain in words how much it meant to see her believe that I belonged to her and her alone. I really, really hope she doesn't change her mind once we return like she said she will.