C H A P T E R 26

26 | Look Who's Here

"Don't pull that face, love

"Don't pull that face, love. I don't like seeing you sad." Rafael brushed his fingers across my hair.

"I'm not sad. It's just too early in the morning." I shrugged.

A hearty chuckle left his lips as he stood between my legs, his palms flat over the kitchen counter.

"Good morning." He mumbled against my lips.

"Bad morning." I smiled before pulling him in for a kiss.

"Ready to leave?" He asked, placing his hands on my waist to put me down.

I wasn't. I didn't want to leave this place. I was afraid this fairytale will end the moment we leave from here.

"Yes." I mustered a small smile.

"Okay then." He walked over to me with my boots, crouching down to slip them on my feet.

He always managed to melt my heart away with these sweet little gestures. The audacity of this man to be so cute!

I swept a last look at the house before stepping out and locking the door along with all the memories. They were souvenirs that I will treasure until the day I die.

"Don't worry, señorita. I'll soon kidnap you back to this heaven." He winked, lacing his fingers with mine.

"Please do." I hooked my arm around his torso as we headed to the car.

He was right. This break was necessary for us. We needed this to clear out our thoughts. I was way more confident now and above all, ready to claim his as mine. No fear, no guilt. Just him. Rightfully mine.

•••••

I stopped breathing.

"Like what you see?" Rafael's low whisper jolted me out of my shock, reminding me to bring my jaw where it originally belonged.

This private jet was worth dying for. The interior was the lightest shade of grey with a beige couch and a few seats of the same color. There was a whole wooden bar inside it. The jet screamed money!

"Welcome sir, ma'am" The blonde flight attendant greeted us with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Janet." I nodded, reading her name on the golden badge.

She disappeared behind the curtains before bringing in a bottle of wine along with some dark chocolates.

"Thank you. Make sure no one disturbs us. You're dismissed." Rafael ordered.

Once given our privacy, he quickly pushed me down on the couch, making me yelp and giggle at his action.

His minty breath tingled against my face as he closed the little between us, gradually shoving me against the hand rest of the couch.