C H A P T E R 48

48 | With Love, Painter

"Hey grandpa!" I threw my arms around him, engulfing him into a huge bear hug

I was so used to seeing him all day at work that now I miss him and Liam and...

No, not him.

It had been two weeks since my last day at work. I was slowly getting used to it.

"You missed dinner. Go and eat something." It was ten p.m. and Oliver had returned home just now.

His eyes moved around the room. "Allegra was here?"

"Yes, why?"

"Your room is neat." He raised his brows.

Here I was trying to catch up with him and he was busy assessing the neatness of my room. Just great!

"I'm here with pop- grandpa? Hey!" Alli entered the room with a bowl of popcorn, smiling widely at him.

Honey brown eyes fell over her face, gradually trailing down to her lips until they settled on her flat stomach, the crop top failing to cover it. Alli reddened at his gaze, her grip on the ceramic bowl tightening.

Can't they just fuck already? There's so much tension between them.

"Shall I get lost? The bed is all yours." I grinned teasingly.

They both snapped from their daze looking here and there like kids being caught red handed.

"Stop spewing these stories in you head, Vittoria." Alli scowled, plonking the bowl on the bed and diverted her attention to the laptop, pretening to search for a movie.

It was a movie night with Alli!

"You kiss my brother publicly and then ask me to not form stories. Really? I don't get why you two just make it official."

"That kiss was just-"

"Save it for someone who believes your silly excuses, grandpa." I jumped over there bed, causing some popcorn to spill over as the mattress sprang.

"See? This is how you create mess." Oliver pointed at the fallen popcorn, leaning against the wall.

"Why are you standing there like that? Come join us. We're planning on watching some movie." I got up and pulled him to us, forcing him to sit down next to Alli so that he was sandwiched between us.

"No, I just came to see you. I still have some work pending."

"You work a lot. Stay for a while at least." I rested my head over his shoulder. "I'm not saying that. Alli is saying. Am I right, Alli?" I wiggled my brows.

How I loved teasing them!

"Why don't we talk about you, dear Vittoria? What's going on between you and Harri?" She smirked.