C H A P T E R 83

83 | One Last Betrayal?

"Suzanne!"

Her name fell from Mason's lips as a fragile gasp. His fingers curled around my arm subconsciously and his breathing quickened at her unexpected sight.

While everyone was trying to get over the shock of her being captive with the Invisible Army, I could only focus on Jake.

He was trembling. Who wouldn't, if they saw a gun pointed at their daughter's head.

Camila's heinous grin was back as she stood up, demanding to unlock her wrists which Rafael quickly did. We all knew she wouldn't think twice before putting a bullet through Suzanne's head.

"Dad." She cried helplessly.

She wasn't in a very good state. Her cheek had red marks and so did her neck and wrists. A shiver ran down my spine thinking about all the possibilities of what could've happened to her.

"Camila please don't do this." Jake begged, on there brink of tears.

But how was this possible? She was at the safe house in Havana. The Visitant even broke into that fortress? That's unbelievable.

"So they were right. You really are working with the Visitant." Oliver spat with utmost distate.

She sat down on the couch, pulling her legs up and tossed the apple in the tray up in the air only to catch it again.

"Denouement, isn't it, dear fam?" She laughed derisively, taking a bite of her apple.

"C-camila listen to me please. Don't get Suzanne in between." Mason took faltering steps in her direction. The anger was gone. It was now replaced by terror.

"She already is in between us, Mase." Darkened green eyes snapped at her.

She was a fucking psycho! She was in desperate need of a mental asylum or my bullet.

"I don't even love her, Camila. She's just a friend." He screamed the lie. No one believed him.

No one but Suzanne herself.

Her face dropped and tears intensified at his words. If only she knew how much this dork loved her.

"You're lying to save her." Camila spat.

"Fine!" He threw his hands up. "If you don't believe me, ask her yourself. Ask her if I called her even once after she was gone. Ask if if I received any of her calls."

I hate that Suzanne was hurting right now but this happened to be the only way. Camila seemed to want to kill anyone who got between her and Mason.

She was obsessed with him in some sick twisted kind of way.

"I'm so not interested in this love triangle." Rafael scowled, jumping in the pretence. "Who's the Visitant?" He demanded nonchalantly.

"Rafael." She sighed. "Do you still think you've got the upper hand now?"