C H A P T E R 61

61 |We're Just Good Friends

"Morning, money girl!" Alli greeted, strolling into the kitchen and preparing her coffee with almond milk

I quickly shut my laptop, left all the trades and turned to her looking at her anxiously. She took a seat on the neighboring kitchen stool passing me a questioning look.

"What have you decided?" I asked nervously.

So yesterday night Alli, the twins and I were on full blast stalker mode. We turned the internet upside down, digging up every fashion show Harri had participated in, every short film, every poster, and of course the infamous durex condom advertisement.

The last one was hot.

Alli was going to vouch for him for the swimwear brand but she needed to make sure first that he's worthy enough for it. I just hoped he got this one. A photoshoot with the Allegra Tanner that too in her grand comeback project meant a jump start to his career.

"Say yes, Alli. Please say yes. It's his dream. He deserves this." I pleaded, tapping my nails on the laptop.

A dramatic pause prevailed. She simply sipped her coffee, making me more antsy.

"Alli!"

"He's on."

I gasped.

"What did you say?"

"He's got the shoot already. They loved his work."

Fuck yes!

"Say that again!" I demanded, not believing my ears.

"He's on. Your Harri boy is on with the project."

That's where I went crazy.

"Aah! Oh my god! Thank you Alli!" I jumped around like a kangaroo, hopping over her and kissing her cheek.

"Don't get second base with me, Vittoria." She aggressively wiped her cheek but eventually broke a laughter.

"Who died?" Mason rushed into the kitchen listening all the screaming and shouting.

"Guess what! Harri got the project. He'll be shooting with Alli." I did my world famous victory dance but my mood shifted drastically as Rafael walked in, dressed in formals.

"Now this isn't nepotism, dear Mason?" He taunted.

"Guess who's slowly turning into a male version of Camila." I strolled to the coffee machine, suddenly wanting a strong mug of it.

He rudely pushed me aside to make one for himself. "I've got to be somewhere on time unlike a jobless you so move."

"Seriously, Rafael. That was so petty." Alli scowled.

"Don't you think you've made a big mistake first talking to the team without telling Harri? He'll never accept this." Mason stated, ignoring Rafael.

"Don't worry about that." I waved a hand dismissively. "I'll convince him."