C H A P T E R 53

53 | The End Of A Fairytale

I'm going to tell him everything

After the failed attempt to wash away Rafael's touch, I headed downstairs, fearing to meet anyone's eyes.

What I'd done last night was beyond wrong. I knew Harri and I couldn't succeed as a couple right when we kissed. I felt nothing.

I realized that no matter how amazing a person I find for myself, I was never going to get over Rafael. As unhealthy as it sounded, but it was the sad truth.

Harrison deserved someone better than a cheating slut.

"Can you please tell me where's Harrison, the new guard?" I asked one of them, the fear of confrontation elevating every second. But it had to be done.

"I think he's stationed at the main foyer, ma'am."

"Alright, thank you." I smiled, heading in the direction of the stairs but just then a firm grip pulled me inside the study.

"What the fuck, Rafael!" I spat, pushing him away. I noticed he was dressed in his formals, maybe just about to leave for work.

"We need to talk." His hands snaked around my waist, tugging me closer to him. My efforts to move away only made his grip more firm.

"Rafael, let go! I've got something important to do."

"Are you sore from yesterday night?" He mumbled into my hair, pulling me more into him. He suddenly turned us around so that my back was now facing the door.

Why was he behaving so weirdly?

"What are you upto, Rafael?" I narrowed my eyes, sensing someone wrong.

"You think he can help you forget me? You think he can fuck you senseless like I did last night? No he can't, can you Harrison?"

My struggle came to a halt. My heart stopped. My blood ran cold.

No. He wasn't here. Rafael was messing with me.

He finally let go of me but I was too scared to turn back. Rafael's evil grin wasn't giving out any good signals.

"Vittoria?" Harri's smooth voice, just above a whisper cut through the stillness around me, overburdened with hurt and pain.

Gathering all my courage, I turned back and looked into his eyes. I died a little. My lungs begged for air but I couldn't breathe.

"I was going to tell you, Harri. I'm sorry." I walked up to him but he stepped back, not wanting my filthy self to touch him.

"I believe you." She sneered, poison dripping from his words.

I was starting to panic. How was I going to handle this situation? It was only getting worse.

"You did this on purpose!" My eyes burned as I hurled a hatred filled glare at Rafael. "How could you be so cruel, Rafael!"