C H A P T E R 84

84 | Get Me If You Can

Everything froze.

I couldn't decide whether the calm was of the one before the storm or that of after it when nothing remained apart from a disintegrated mess.

"We need to follow them." Liam spoke, breaking the silence.

His action left us all dumbfounded. That's it? He won't react to what Camila just dropped on us? Not even Toby?

"No." Jake protested quickly. "They'll shoot her if they knew we're following."

"We can't sit here doing nothing." Oliver massaged his temples, thinking a way out of this.

Stop this please. Ignoring it won't make it go away. We were just stretching it. When it will snap, it will only cause more damage.

Mason was eerily quiet and so was Vittoria. Her body trembled ever so slightly as she sat on the couch with her legs close to her chest. I pulled her close to me in an attempt to make her feel better but I knew the guilt won't go away. I was feeling the exact same thing and fuck, the pain was excruciating.

"Vittoria." Jake caressed her back gently but his action caused her to flinch. "Vittoria look at me, dear."

She further buried her head into my chest as if she was afraid to even so much as meet his gaze.

"It wasn't your fault, Vittoria. You don't have to feel this way." Jake assured.

"You're lying." She sobbed, wincing at the pain which was physical for her. "You hate me. Even he hates me." The last part came out as a dying whisper.

They hate me.

My brothers hate me.

"Where are you getting all these ideas from, kiddo. I can never hate you. Come here." Mason treaded carefully towards her, afraid any quick motion would break her.

"Then why aren't you saying anything, Mase?"

"He's scared, Vittoria." Allegra tried to reason.

"First of all we need to calm down and think straight. We can't afford to lose track like this." Oliver said, taking the command from here.

I felt so grateful to have him.

"You two." He pointed out to two of the guards working in the intel team. "Go and track their location. And Jake, please send a team to Harrison's place. I want security there twenty four by seven."

An evident shudder ran through my spine. It only reminded me to get working back and be a good person for once, if not a good Leader. I can't sit here in my own misery and let others take care of things when I am expected to make those very things right.

I got up with a lethal determination although I didn't know shit about what I was going to do.

"Rafael." Toby said hesitantly, gripping my arm.