C H A P T E R 43

43 | Breaking News, Breaking Bones

"Is my presence still required here, sir?" I gritted, standing in his office since the past ten minutes, doing nothing at all

"Yes." He assaulted the keypad of his laptop. He didn't even care looking up at me.

"So you're just gonna trouble me because I've resigned. That's very mature of you, Rafael." I slammed my palms over his desk.

"Do that again and I'll slam you over this desk." A cocky grin stretched over his lips, erupting a series of curses from me.

I stomped my foot, trudging over to the black leather couch and throwing myself on it.

"Did I ask you to take a seat?" He threatened, rolling his sleeves halfway up. He knew those forearms were my weakness.

Bastard.

"I don't need your permission." I kicked my heels away, one landing next to his chair and one in the nearest corner and then laid down on the couch.

Let's see how long will he tolerate me. He'll himself ask me to leave.

"I see what you're doing, señorita." He frowned.

"Duh! You have eyes." I clicked my phone open, scrolling through some memes whilst humming to 'I Forgot That You Existed'.

Go show that fucking ring on you finger to someone else.

"Vittoria!" He growled. "I got the message, alright. Now stop singing. I'm trying to work."

"So can I go?"

"No." He replied instantly.

Ugh! If only he hadn't locked the door with the key in his pocket.

"Imagine me singing Queen as a reply to your song." He laid back in his chair, shutting his laptop close.

"Why would I want to torture myself?" I said, laughing at some meme. I kept scrolling and passing my time like I didn't have a huge pile of pending work that I've left behind just because the CEO felt like playing childish games with me.

That was until a certain notification popped. My first reaction was a loud appalled screech. Shooting myself up in a sitting position, I clicked the fresh news article, blinking several times to assess the things my eyes witnessed.

"What's wrong?" Rafael ran over to me, a gasp departing from his lips the moment he saw the contents of my screen.

It was an article titled The CFO and The Supermodel.

"Ollie and Alli kissed! Aahh!" I jumped around like a lunatic monkey. "Omg omg omg! Finally!"

"I'm sure that's the prime concern right now." He muttered, quickly making a call.