C H A P T E R 17

17 | Gone

A low groan erupting from my chapped lips got me startled for a brief second

A low groan erupting from my chapped lips got me startled for a brief second. My head throbbed like a bitch as I fluttered my eyes open. Pressing a palm over my forehead, I anxiously glaced around my surroundings.

I was slept on a huge bed with black satin sheets covering the mattress as well as my body. Panicked, I quickly checked my clothes. They were the same but they weren't quite decent. I was in a pair of black lingerie with just an oversized Mickey Mouse tee. I checked my body but there were no marks which got me momentarily calmed down.

The room I was in was huge with grey walls and white curtains draped over the french windows. I jumped off the bed and moved to the locked windows, simultaneously stumbling over the furniture in the dark room. I slid the closed curtains for an inch but all I saw was darkness. There was just a single lamppost letting me know there's a lawn in front of this house.

Where was I?

That was when all the events rushed back into my mind.

Allegra! She did this.

They all must be so worried about me. That is, if they'd notice me gone. It was still night.

There was someone else helping her as well. Who was it? What must be happening now back at home? Was she going to hurt someone?

The thought brought tears into my eyes but I blinked them away. I had to focus on escaping from here. It must not have been too long considering the sun is still far away from rising.

I walked away from the locked windows, again tripping over the furniture but I couldn't switch on the lights. Whoever else was in this house didn't need to be alerted.

I was on my way to the door when my eyes fell over the digital clock perched at the black side table and it knocked the living daylights out of me.

The time displayed 9:56 p.m. which meant-

Holy fuck! I've been out for the entire day! For about twenty hours now.

My mouth went dry and breaths shortened. I felt the ache in my head quadruple but I quickly composed myself. Grabbing the night lamp, I marched towards the door which was surprisingly unlocked.

Here we go, Vittoria!

Opening the door ever so quietly, I stealthily sneaked out into the dark hallway, finding the stairs. It was chilling and the adrenaline as well as my attire did no good in bestowing me any kind of warmth.

My Raf would be so worried about me.

He would be, right?

He better be.

A distinct clatter snapped me out from my reverie of a shirtless but worried Rafael. Shirtless because I never imagine him otherwise, which makes me wonder why I don't imagine him completely naked but then I think it's because I've never seen him completely naked, not that I don't want to-