C H A P T E R 56

56 | Breaking A Soul

I waited for their reactions

I didn't receive any.

It was like time had stopped. No one moved. They didn't even so much as blink. Everyone went still like they were stone sculptures. But there was one thing in motion—Vittoria's tear, as it rolled down her cheek, leaving a stain behind it.

"Move away." She mumbled, her voice low but strict and her eyes riveted on me. "I said move away, Camila!" She roared, shoving her away violently.

Our hands moved apart and her harsh blow caused Camila to almost trip over an armchair but Toby kept her from falling.

"Excuse me but what do you think are you doing, Vittoria?" I spat, trying my best not to lose my calm.

"You can't do this to me, Rafael." She cried.

All eyes grew wide and jaws dropped at her reaction.

"Vittoria. It's okay, please calm down." Oliver held her, gently rubbing her back. "I hope you've thought this through." He gritted, focusing his angry eyes on me. "Don't you even dare play with my sisters like that."

"Me and Camila happen to be mature individuals. We aren't interested in playing stupid games like her." I nodded at the seemingly hurt victim like she always pretended to be.

"You're doing this just to hurt me." She shook her head.

"Everything isn't about you, Vittoria. Stop giving yourself so much importance." Camila sneered, coming back to my side.

"Do I look like I've asked for your opinion?" She retorted.

"I'm sorry. I own up to all my mistakes. I've broken your heart and I'm sorry. But please don't do this, Rafael. Please." Her words were unclear from crying so much and she struggled to maintain balance. If it wasn't for Oliver holding her, she'd be slumped down by now.

I simply watched her, my cold turned heart not feeling an ounce of pain seeing her like that.

"I love you, Rafael."

"Oh really?" I scoffed. "I don't think so."

"Then who does? This bitch?"

"Vittoria! Careful with your language. She's your sister." Oliver scolded.

"Yes, Vittoria. She loves me. At least I don't have to worry about our relationship status changing every morning."

"That's fucking devotion! Not love!" She yelled.

"But that's better than obsession, no?" I raised a brow.

"I didn't mean it. I was angry and..and scared and I don't even know what. You can't marry someone else just because of one fight."