C H A P T E R 55

55| Just A Hurting Heart

I don't believe this guy!

"This was your pressing situation, Liam?" I was more dumbfounded than annoyed.

"I'm getting late and I can't decide. I usually ask Vittoria but she's gone for a jog." He pouted.

Excuse me but does this person really handle the finances of the country's top group of companies?

And he's a mafia?

Nah. Nope. Mason Andress refuses to believe this shit.

"Go for the ochre one. Blue suit will make you look like a smirf." I rolled my eyes. I left my gym exercise halfway for this nonsense. This was his emergency.

"Thanks, dude! You're a lifesaver." He pounced on me ferociously, calling it something like a hug and fucking kissed my cheek.

"Ew, Liam! I'm straight." I held myself back from throwing up, rubbing my cheek.

"So am I. You're my bro."

"Liam?" I raised a brow.

"Hmm." He almost tripped while wearing his trousers.

"You had no problem with Vittoria and Harri?" I eyed him intently, leaning against the wall.

"No." He simply shrugged. "I was shocked myself. But I guess I'm over her. I love her but not like that anymore."

It took me a little time to sink that in. But I hoped that was the truth. It was better for him that way.

"But I'm still team Rattoria." He skillfully twisted his fingers around the necktie which was done in seconds.

Wow! I could never wear a necktie that quick.

Team Rattoria, right.

Disgusting.

No one knew what exactly happened that day and what was going on in this house currently. A week had passed and things were eerily calm. It was the calm before the storm.

Rafael and Vittoria didn't even look at each other's faces. Same went with her and Harri. Things were crazy. Scratch them, even Alli and our dear grandpa were behaving all weird.

"Okay, I'll run. Bye!" Liam hastened downstairs uselessly. He was going to get late anyway. Idiot.

"Bye. And for god sake Liam, drive a little-"

"I know, slower."

"No, faster. You might as well walk instead of driving at that speed." I tried not to laugh.

Once he was gone, I proceeded towards my room for a shower. God help me if my mom Alli spotted me reeking with sweat. But just as I reached up on the first floor, a door opened and a voice called me, making me stop physically and facepalm mentally.