C H A P T E R 14

14 | Money, Salad And A Broken Allegra

"Enter." The crazy CEO's brisk tone traveled through the closed door of his immaculate office.

My impatient hands pushed the mahogany door open and I stalked inside, slamming it shut behind me. "Have you completely lost it, Rafael?"

"Mr Grayson." He corrected smugly.

Boss my ass.

"You can't sell off the clothing retail. We've got thirty percent revenues stemming from that business and that's huge!"

"So is the sum of money we need to buy a controlling stake in Edmonton Gold Mines." He retorted.

His eyes were weary, dark brown hair messy and he looked completely exhausted. I wonder how long this is going to continue. He needs a break from everything going on.

"Rafael." I sighed, circling over to his desk. I walked back behind his chair and pulled his shoulders back, massaging them gently. "Just relax alright? You're not taking care of yourself."

How I had to fight the urge to bend down and peck his cheeks. Everytime I keep giving myself a million reasons as to why he needs me and I should be there for him. And then comes the night which tells me how much I've sinned by even so much as wanting to kiss someone else's fiance.

"You never wanted this company to be connected with your dirty business. You've worked too hard for this, Rafael. Don't let it go so easily." I withdrew my hands from his shouldered, feeling guilty.

"What choices do I have, Vittoria?" He ran a hand through his hair. "We need to get into that shady company to reach to that person. He's a very important link that we can't afford to lose."

The door flew open without warning, startling me. "You, Mr foolish Grayson are not going to sell off that subsidiary, you get that?" Oliver marched in angrily.

Yes please slap some sense into your boss, dear...um..boss.

"Then what am I supposed to do? Where else can I get that kind of money from?" He challanged.

Who knew even the richest, sexiest, hottest- let's just stick to the relevant richest part.

Who knew even the richest bastard would have money problems. Simply baffling!

"You've got the best people working for you." Oliver stated with a smirk.

"He's talking about me." I grinned.

"I'm talking about myself." He reverted.

"But I'm clearly the smarter Rivera/Andress." I self proclaimed.

"Yeah because that's the alarming problem right now." Rafael rolled his eyes.

Whatever. I was saying the truth. Not my fault if they don't like it.