C H A P T E R 54

54 | Oliver, Did You Know?

"Stop!" I ran behind him, barely being able to catch up with his speed

"Stop!" I ran behind him, barely being able to catch up with his speed. "It was my fault. I'm ready to pay the price. But please don't hurt Harrison. I'm begging you Rafael, please."

"Just go, Vittoria." He dismissed it like I was a bother to him.

"What the hell is going on between you two?" A third voice, annoyed and slightly worried called us from behind.

"You're late again, Liam." Rafael commented nonchalantly.

Liam's eyes fell over my neck. I quickly tried covering it with my hair but it was too late.

"You did that to her?" He gritted, holding Rafael's arm to stop him. "Don't you run away like that. Did you do that?"

"Define that." He smirked.

"Don't fuck with me, Rafael." He pushed his cousin back.

"Oh, here you are." Rafael smiled, his eyes pitching back at Camila sauntering down the stairs. A purple dress clung to her body and her white stilettos clicked over the marbled floor as she closed the distance to us.

"Where are we going, Rafael?" She asked, completely lost.

"You'll see." His hand slid over her lower back and they left through the main door without regarding us.

Liam was startled. I was indifferent.

"You two need to stop playing these games." He shook his head, irked at the situation. "You go out with someone else to make him jealous then he counteracts by doing the same. What are you, kids?"

His words rendered me unable to speak for a brief second. "You too, Liam?" I was tired of being hurt at this point. "But of course you'll think like that. It's not your fault. I've proved over and over again how much of a mean slut I am. You're right. I used Harrison. Are you happy now?"

Which feeling was prominent— fear or pain? There's no way Rafael was going leave that unanswered.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." He placed his palm over my wet cheek.

"Don't!" I flinched away from his touch. "I'm a bitch who uses people and plays with their feelings. Noted. Thanks. Now leave me the fuck alone." I raced upstairs, almost tripping over the stairs and locked myself into the safety of my room.

Why was it so difficult for them to understand a simple fact that what I felt for Harrison was real. Not as strong as what I felt for Rafael, but fucking real, nonetheless.

I felt numb and cold on the inside. The clock kept ticking and I kept waiting to feel anything at all. I didn't.

"Vittoria?" Alli's voice disturbed the piercing silence, followed by three knocks on the door.