C H A P T E R 45

45 | Oops, Busted!

The ornate front door swung open and Vittoria entered the house with her brother by her side, my sight startling her

"Oh, hi Rafael." She quickly pulled her full sleeves further down and brushed her bandaged hand over her blonde dyed hair, letting them fall over her forehead.

I could feel the twins' worried stares on me, begging me to not lash out on her.

I took a step forward but a set of hasty footsteps inching closer to us caught my attention. I shifted my eyes behind them and Oliver's form became visible but he wasn't alone. Allegra was with him.

In his arms, unconscious.

"Alli?" Mason gasped, his terrified eyes silently questioning Oliver about what happened to her.

"Is she okay?"

"How did this happen?"

"Please tell me she isn't hurt."

"Who did this?"

Questions were bombarded at Oliver who quite surprisingly, tossed us an annoyed look. "These Esztar women, I tell you!"

"Excuse me?" I did a double take.

"They take stubbornness to altogether a different level." He continued moving towards their stairs. "Sometimes you just gotta deal with them the Rafael way."

The Rafael way?

What the fuck is that?

"You drugged her?" Toby exclaimed, clutching his hair.

He threw him an exasperated glare. "How else was I supposed to get her here? First she has to blow her cover and walk herself into Luca's den, well aware of the fact that he wants her dead. And then, she wants to stay alone at that house so that Nikolai or Luca can go there and conveniently kill her as easily as sucking a fucking lollipop. Jeez!"

"Breaatthheee, grandpaaaa!!!" Liam inhaled and exhaled loudly, guiding Oliver to follow his actions.

He disregarded poor Liam's caring gesture and carried her upstairs to her room which he had already prepared.

But he isn't in love with her.

And we aren't humans with brains.

"Hah! Tit for tat! She helped a certain bastard drug my sister. Serves her well." Mason clapped excitedly.

"I'm going to tell her that." Liam pouted. Mason then glared at him and he hid behind Vittoria begging her to save his life.

Oliver strolled back down almost immediately. "That house blew up to pieces exactly two minutes after we left." He flumped down on there couch.

"What!" We all yelled, more than shocked.

"Yes." He sighed. "We could call it luck. Two more minutes I'd have wasted in convincing her stubborn ass and we'd be dead."