C H A P T E R 71

71 | A Kid In A Mafia House

"Lets go out and play in the garden

"Lets go out and play in the garden." Mason perched Xenia on his back and walked out to escape the upcoming conversation.

Every time I thought about her illness, it tore my heart apart. Rafael's questioning gaze didn't falter from Harri as he silently demanded an explanation which, after a painful pause Harri did.

A harrowing gloom etched to our hearts and no one seemed to be capable enough to speak.

"How much?" Rafael asked in a low whisper.

Harri shifted uncomfortably.

"He won't take the money. Trust me I've tried a lot." I said.

"You've offered me this job, boss. I'm as it is indebted to you. I can't-"

"Harrison." Rafael massaged his temples, his jaw ticking and eyes shut. "Don't make me ask your colleagues to find out information about you and Xenia."

There was no room left for discussion. He had to tell him everything. Once Rafael got the necessary information, he wasted no time in making all the necessary arrangements.

At that moment I couldn't feel more proud of him. I just wanted to squeeze him in my arms and kiss his forehead and tell him how much I love him. But I held back my urge to do so.

"I- I don't know how to thank you, boss." Harri said, trying to keep his voice from breaking. Alli passed him an encouraging smile, rubbing his back to comfort him.

"Look Harrison I know your self respect is important to you. But right now saving Xenia is the priority." Rafael said, looking out at her from the glass wall.

How I wished Mason witnessed this side of Rafael. Every single person over here was feeling the same thing as me. For me, Rafael was the most caring person I'd ever know. He won't show it but he's a softy on the inside. That's what made him a good Leader.

"Okay now cheer up, people. Or else Mason's girlfriend would think we're such boring people." Liam jumped up. "I'll first go and change." He scrunched his face at his formal outfit and his twin followed to change his own as well.

"So boss, we were looking up the CCTV footage around the-"

"Shut up Harrison." Rafael rolled his eyes. "Don't you see I'm on a leave. I've got important guests to attend. Don't disturb me."

I smacked my lips to hold back a laughter seeing Harri's reaction to it. But when the boss commands, no one can cross him.

"That girl won't let anyone work." He shook his head, muttering the statement and walked away leaving us laughing here at him.

"What are you waiting for? Go change. We don't want a boring CFO running around in the house." Alli slapped Oliver's arm.

"Totally not married." Jake scoffed from the distance and that's when we noticed the rose stuck in his hair.