Unconditional love (Tom Holland)

Requested by SpicyMarvel: Y/N and Tom have a child, who comes out to them as gay.

*Please note: as the request suggests, this chapter contains the reader's child coming out as gay. Y'all know the drill by now, ANY homophobic or generally offensive comments will be deleted, and the commenter will be muted and reported. I pride myself on having a page that is a safe space for a lot of people, including those who are in the LGBTQ+ community, and I will not have some bigot ruining that for everyone. Thank you, and enjoy :)*

I stood in mine and Tom's kitchen, my hands cutting up food for dinner as I waited for my husband to get home from work, and our son to get home from school. As if on cue, I heard the front door open.

"Darling? Noah? Is anyone in?" I heard Tom's voice shout before the front door shut again.

"Noah's not back yet, but I'm in the kitchen!" I shouted back. I looked over my shoulder as Tom walked in, a smile curling onto both of our lips as we saw each other.

"There she is, my beautiful wife." He smiled as he walked up to me, and curled his arms around my waist from behind.

"What are you after?" I chuckled accusingly.

"Hmm, nothing. Nothing at all that might correlate with the fact that our only child isn't home from school yet." He smirked, making me giggle and shake my head as he leant down and started to kiss my neck. When I had fallen pregnant sixteen years ago with mine and Tom's son, and our only child, we had both been absolutely ecstatic. We had gotten married five years before, and we had been trying for a baby since having gotten married. When Noah finally arrived, he became the light of both mine and Tom's lives, with my husband fulfilling his dream to take a break from acting and become a stay-at-home dad to raise Noah. The two became best friends so quickly, with Tom staying at home with our son until he started primary school, and then Tom going back to work as an actor when Noah started full-time education. And here we were, sixteen years later, with Tom and I just as in love with each other as we'd always been despite our ageing relationship, and Noah and Tom still being the best of friends. I put the knife down and turned around in my husband's arm.

"Tommy, we're not young kids anymore, we can't just have daylight sex whenever we want to." I teased with a chuckle and a shake of my head.

"Of course we can, but we have to do it soon, our teenage son who will definitely know what's up if he comes home and hears us, and he'll be home soon, we have to hurry." He nodded, making me laugh as he leant down and kissed me. Despite my objections, I sank into the kiss, my lips smiling against Tom's as he ran his hands over my waist. I broke the kiss, mine and Tom's eyes fluttering open as we heard the front door quietly opening before shutting again.

"Never mind, too late." Tom chuckled. I playfully rolled my eyes and put my hand on his chest as I passed him and walked out into the hallway.

"Noah, honey, is that you-oh." I stopped talking, Noah's eyes widening as I saw him and another boy about to go upstairs.

"Hey, mum." My son chuckled nervously. I smiled and looked between him and the boy.

"Hey, love, how was school? Who's your friend?" I asked. Noah gulped and looked at the boy, his friend returning the unsure glance as they looked at each other.

"This is Toby. And like you said, he's my...friend." He nodded as he looked back at me. My eyebrows furrowed, something feeling very off about how Noah was acting with me right now, given that we were in the presence of Toby. Something didn't feel right, something told me that Noah was keeping something from me.