Gifts (Peter Parker)

Requested by black_bxtch_: Y/N and Peter are avengers, and Peter asks Y/N out. But because he's a year younger than her, she says no. With Tony's help, Peter gives Y/N gifts and does different things for her until she says yes. They go out, and Y/N finds herself really liking Peter during the date.

*Just a lil' note: in this imagine, Y/N says no to Peter, and then gets convinced by him, as the request suggests. I want to stress though that no one is ever under ANY obligation to say yes to someone who they don't like. Of course Y/N likes him back in this chapter, but it's a very messed up narrative in our society that girls especially should say yes to a date with a guy, even if they don't like him like that. This is a bullshit narrative, and so whilst please keep in mind that this is not the case here, you ALWAYS have the option to say no, even to something as menial as a date. Thank you, my loves, and enjoy xxx*

I headed into the common room of the Tower, my heart fluttering slightly in my chest as I saw Peter sat at the breakfast bar.

"Morning, Pete." I spoke, making the boy look up at me as he was alerted to my presence. His eyes widened slightly.

"H-hey, Y/N, you okay?" He chuckled nervously as he gave me a small smile.

"Yeah, you?" I returned.

"U-um, yeah, but, erm, can I ask you something?" He gulped as he stood up. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, something about the anxiety on Peter's face making me also worry in return about what he wanted to ask.

"Course you can, Pete." I nodded. He returned it and looked at me, his admittedly beautiful chocolate eyes filling with fear.

"I, um...I was wondering if I could take you on a date." He spoke. My eyes widened slightly, my gaze also wavering at his words. Because whilst I had suspected that this would come eventually, I had just hoped that it wouldn't. Ever since I had joined the Avengers six months ago, I could tell that Peter liked me as more than just a friend. I would admit that my heart did flutter at the thought of him too, his kind and gentle personality being dressed up in a stunning package of chocolate eyes, hazel curls, and a six-pack. I had to admit that I liked him back, but there was one big issue for me. And that was that he was a year younger than me. Granted that he was nineteen, and I was twenty, so it wasn't as if I was an adult who was being asked out by a sixteen-year-old. But something about it still felt a little off, a little weird. And so, as much as I'd admit that I found the boy cute, I also felt like saying no to him was the right option. At least, for now.

"I-I, um...Pete, I'm flattered, I really am, but, you're just...you're too young for me." I admitted with a sigh and a shake of my head. His eyes widened, his mouth falling open in clear confusion.

"W-what? I'm only a year younger than you, I'm nineteen, I'm an adult." He scoffed.

"I know, Pete, but I'm sorry. It just doesn't feel right right now. I'm sorry." I gulped. He returned it and nodded, the boy's heart clearly breaking as he gave me a small and yet still forced smile.

"I-it's okay, I, um, I get it. I'll see you around?" He asked hopefully. I sighed and bit my lip, my heart swelling at the fact that even rejection from his crush couldn't stop Peter from being lovely and kind.

"Course you will, Pete." I nodded, making him return it and give me another small smile as I turned and left the kitchen. And I had to admit that I left with a little bit of regret.

Peter's P.O.V

Peter sat at the breakfast bar in the common room, his eyes on his phone as he just chilled before his training slot.