Gingerbread houses (Peter Parker)

Requested by Ms_Biltmore: The Avengers have a gingerbread house building and decorating competition, and Peter and Y/N are a team.

*Hello my loves, obviously I posted an announcement yesterday saying that I probably wouldn't be writing now, and obviously this is a new chapter haha, but I wanted to do a festive one before Christmas. That being said, for obvious reasons, this will be the last chapter before Christmas, obviously I won't be uploading tomorrow, and will see about the days after. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas, or good holiday whatever you may or may not celebrate!! That is all, thank you, love you, and as always, take care of yourselves. See you after Christmas :) xxx*

I stood in my bedroom, my eyes glued to my face in my mirror as I carefully did my eyeliner to make it just right. I nodded to myself as I pulled away and capped the tube again.

"Perfect." I mumbled to myself. As if on cue, a gentle knock sounded on my door, making me look at it as it opened, and my boyfriend's head peeked into my room.

"Mr Stark said that we could come out now, babe." Peter nodded.

"Awesome, let's go." I smiled, making him return it as I walked to him and took his arm. This year was my first Christmas with the Avengers, and I was so excited. I had been recruited by them nine months ago, when they had discovered that I was another former test subject of HYDRA's, and therefore had the same powers as Wanda. They had taken me in, with Peter and I immediately getting along. He had asked me out within a month of us getting to know each other, and we'd been dating ever since. Now, since I had been a test subject of HYDRA's, I hadn't experienced a Christmas since my childhood, and so Tony had promised to make my first one in fifteen years super special. And, well...he succeeded. Peter and I walked out of my room, my hand gently holding his arm as we walked along the hallway. As soon as we got to the living room door, my eyes widened.

"Oh my god!" I gasped, making Peter smile and look at me as we walked into the room. I stared in awe at the absolutely beautiful transformation that had made the normally mundane common space into the perfect winter wonderland. Threads of fairy lights were hanging from the ceiling, lighting the room up stunningly as they sat among bits of fake slow that were also hanging down to look like bits of snow mid-fall. The Christmas tree had been set up, the luscious green leaves smelling absolutely divine as what must have been a hundred presents sat underneath, all of them different shapes, sizes and colours. An impressive spread of random treats and snacks sat on the coffee table to help ourselves to before Christmas dinner, all of it smelling purely like Christmas. I was in love.

"So, what do you think, kiddo?" I looked up, Tony giving me a small smile as him and the rest of the team walked in, all of them wearing ugly Christmas sweaters.

"It's absolutely incredible, thank you so much, guys." I smiled and shook my head.

"Well, we had to make your first Christmas in a decade one to remember." Peter chuckled, making me smile and bite my lip at my boyfriend as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"So, we're starting off the festivities with a gingerbread house building and decorating competition, so let's go." Tony announced, making me giggle in giddy anticipation as we all headed into the kitchen.

"Okay, so, I'm assuming that everyone knows the rules of a gingerbread house competition. We're all in teams of two, and at the end, Happy will objectively judge which house is the best built, and which is the best decorated." Tony explained with a nod. The teams that we'd been put into had worked out pretty well, with Peter and I of course being together, Natasha and Steve being together, Bruce and Clint, Wanda and Vision, and finally Pepper and Tony together. Peter and I were going to kick ass.