"I catch you" "And I catch you" (Tom Holland)

Requested by GalaxyRose2871: Tom and Y/N are circus performers. When they're performing a dangerous trick, it goes terribly wrong, and they both end up in hospital. When they both recover, Tom assures Y/N that he'll always be there to catch her when she falls.

*Hey, my loves, couple of things. As the request suggests, this chapter does contain bodily harm, however I go into no detail about that, so if any of you are squeamish or anything, you should still be fine to read this! Also, I have not used correct equipment terminology and I really don't know how well I've described the trick lmao, so just think Zendaya's act in 'The Greatest Showman', and that's what Tom and Y/N are doing! Thank you, my loves, and enjoy! xoxo*

The blood rushed loudly through my ears, my heart pumping so harshly that all of the sound around me sounded like it was miles away as I took deep breaths. I looked down at my chalk-covered hands, my palms colliding and making the dust fly everywhere as I got my skin as covered as possible. After all, in this industry, having a solid grip was literally life or death. And I always chose life.

"Darling." I snapped out of my trance, my eyes flicking to look into my boyfriend's as he gently cupped my cheek with his own chalk-covered hand.

"Yeah, Tommy?" I asked.

"You good, my love? You ready for this?" He checked with raised eyebrows as his gorgeous chocolate gaze flicked over my face.

"Yeah, I'm okay. We've got this." I nodded. Tom gave me a small smile and nodded before leaning in and gently kissing me. I returned it, my eyes fluttering shut as I let myself be held by the love of my life. I was twenty-four, and had been a circus acrobat for the last four years of my life. I had always been good at gymnastics and normally dangerous stunts, but my parents had never encouraged me to take that path career-wise given how unstable it was. I, however, disagreed, and so when my best friend, Harrison, had heard about a circus job when I had been nineteen, I had joined immediately. There I met my new partner, and the love of my life, Tom. He was the male circus acrobat in the high-bars act that we had going on, and his partner had left when she'd started a family. Tom had been twenty-two when we had met, and we had fallen head over heels in love with each other within days of meeting. Soon enough, we were planning our future together, including marriage and children. But first, we had decided that we were still young, and we wanted to enjoy a few more carefree years of being in the circus, without the strings of children. The current plan was to leave when I turned thirty, and then we'd start our new lives together. But for now, we were constantly learning new tricks and routines to bring to the circus. And our latest one was our most dangerous yet. The trick was that Tom would be hanging from the high-bar by his bent legs, and I would jump from the platform to be caught by my hands by Tom. He would swing me to a certain point, where I would let go, somersault in the air and then be caught by Harrison. It was a simple enough trick to do for acrobats, what made it more dangerous was that I was usually the one hanging from the high-bar, and Tom was usually the one to jump and be caught by me. We knew our angles, timings and everything else that kept us safe, and so this change in roles meant that both of us had to recalculate everything, and that made it dangerous. But both of us were good at what we did, and so we were going to do it. Tom broke the kiss and pressed our foreheads together.

"I catch you." He spoke.

"And I catch you." I responded as we both said the line that we always said before doing tricks. Tom gave me one more small smile and pecked my lips again before pulling away.

"You ready, mate?" Harrison asked as him and Harry held the high-bar still for Tom so that he could climb onto it before it was let go.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Tom nodded as he grabbed the bar. My boyfriend gripped it and flipped upside-down, his curls now hanging freely as he folded his legs over the bar so that it was in the crease of his knees, and he was hanging upside-down from it.