Absent (Tom Holland)

Requested by tom_hollandisbae1: Tom and Y/N have two children, and Y/N is pregnant with their third. But Tom never pays attention anymore and acts like he doesn't care, which leads to them having an argument.

*Hello lovelies!!! Just a quick one, I just wanted to thank you once again for your continued patience with me, and how slow uploads are right now! But I really appreciate you continuing to support me, continuing to read my work and send me requests, so thank you, and enjoy this new chapter!!! xoxo*

"Come on, my love, eat up." I mumbled, my hand bringing the spoon of cereal to Jessie's mouth as I held Leah with my other arm. The toddler smiled and giggled at me as she happily ate it, making me return the smile and bite my lip as I let the sound warm my heart. I looked up as Tom rushed into the kitchen, my heart sinking as I could already tell by his demeanor that he once again wouldn't be giving me or our children, his children, a goodbye kiss. I was right.

"See you later, girls, love you." Tom mumbled, his eyes on his phone as he simply headed through the kitchen and back out again to get to our front door.

"Bye, daddy!" Jessie squealed excitedly.

"Tommy, wait-shit." I cursed as I quickly put Leah in her baby bouncer before rushing after my husband. Though I had to admit that he felt more like a stranger nowadays.

"What's up, love?" Tom mumbled, his hand opening the door as his eyes stayed on his phone. I sighed and looked at him.

"I have my sixteen-week scan today. We can find out the sex, and I'd really love that." I nodded as I nervously played with my fingers. Tom looked up from his phone, my husband glancing at me finally for the first time this morning.

"Oh, shit, was that today? Sorry, darling, I can't come." He shook his head. My eyes wavered, my heart immediately breaking. After all, Tom had started to become distant months ago, but every time still hurt like the first one.

"What do you mean, you can't come? I know that we've done this twice before, but this is still our baby, Tommy. Your baby. So what the fuck is more important than one of the scans?" I scoffed and shook my head.

"Work, Y/N. Work is." He nodded. I sighed and gulped harshly in an attempt to swallow my tears, though it wasn't working as we stared at each other. Tom and I had been together for seven years, married for the last five. He was truly the love of my life, and I knew that I was his too. Though people wouldn't have guessed that if they looked at the last six months. Everything had been perfect when we had welcomed Jessie two years ago, and then I had given birth to our second daughter, Leah, six months ago. That had been when things had started to shift between me and Tom. I knew that Tom loved Leah unconditionally, and so I wasn't sure what had caused it, but my husband had been growing increasingly distant since she had been born. Over the months, more of his time had been taken up with work or seeing friends, every spare second was spent away from the house instead of with our family. Then one of the rare intimate nights that we'd had in the last half a year resulted in me once again falling pregnant. Which was what had caused today's sour mood. We had decided to once again find out the sex of our third baby as soon as we could, and yet the day was here, and Tom couldn't give less of a shit. It was now a stab to my heart every time he would leave in the morning without so much as kissing his daughters on the head, and I wasn't sure how much more I could take. I was reaching the end of my tether, and I knew it.

"Alright. See you later." I nodded, my heart deciding that this fight wasn't worth it right now. After all, the girls still needed to finish breakfast, and Tom clearly had somewhere more important to be than with his family. And so, I'd let him go. My husband's chocolate eyes wavered, and he sighed and returned my nod.