A quiet New Years Day (Tom Holland)

Requested by NaaraMartinez8: Can you do a clingy Tom chapter please?

*Happy New Year, everyone!! I hope that everyone had an amazing New Years' Eve, and that we all have an amazing 2023!! xoxo*

"Fuck." I groaned quietly, my head pounding like it never had before and a wave of nausea flowing freely through me as my mind forced my body to unwillingly wake up. I reluctantly peeled one eye open, though it was a struggle as light flooded mine and Tom's bedroom. Obviously in our drunken haze last night, neither of us had remembered to close the curtains. I groaned again as the room continued to spin, and I attempted weakly to prop my body up onto my elbows. I looked to my side and immediately everything felt a little better. The love of my life, Tom, lay next to me still fast asleep, his torso completely bare as soft and gentle snores left his parted lips. I leant down and gently pressed my own lips to his cheeks before slowly starting to ease myself out of bed. I puffed out in an attempt to ease the nausea that I still felt as I grabbed Tom's white dress shirt from last night, and buttoned it up over my underwear. I ran a hand through my still slightly curled hair, another nauseated sigh leaving my lips as I slumped out of our bedroom, and into the rest of our apartment.

"Hey, sweets." I mumbled, Tessa panting and wagging her tail as I gave her a smile and gently patted her head before going to put on a pot of coffee. Today was the first day of 2023, and it was obvious from how I was feeling that Tom and I had entered the year last night with a bang. His twin brothers had hosted a party at their parents' house, and it had been fucking awesome. Tom and I had danced and drank the night away, and had just had the best time. But what had been most amazing was what had happened at midnight. I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Tom emerge from our bedroom, making a smile etch onto my face at how groggy and tired he looked, as well as how messy his beautiful curls looked.

"Morning, sleepy head-." I couldn't say anything else before Tom leant down in front of me and grabbed my legs, making me squeal as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Tommy, put me down!" I squealed again with a laugh as he started to carry me back to our bedroom.

"No, I want cuddles in bed, you know that that's all I want when I'm hungover." He grumbled.

"Tommy, I'm going to sick if you don't put me down, I'm also hungover as fuck." I whined playfully as we got to our room, and Tom gently laid me down on our bed.

"Well it's lucky that we're here then, isn't it, my love?" He smiled cheekily, making me giggle and shake my head as we both crawled back under our bed covers. I turned onto my side and let Tom curl his arm around my waist from behind, my back pressed to his chest as we curled back into the shapes of each other's bodies. I sighed out in complete relaxation, my eyes fluttering shut once more as I snuggled further into the body of the love of my life.

"Tom, Y/N, hey!" Harrison yelled, Tom's best friend gently pushing his way through the crowd to get to us as Tom and I wandered into his parents' house.

"Mate, how are you doing?! Good Christmas?" Tom returned as the boys tightly hugged.

"Amazing, yeah. Spent it at mum and dad's. You?" Harrison replied.

"Yeah, spent it here. Though still no ring given." I teased, making Tom playfully roll his eyes and smile at me as I poked his cheek.

"All in good time, I'm sure. Come on, let's get you sorry pair a drink." Harrison laughed, both of us nodding and Tom's hand landing on the small of my back to keep us close as we started to head through to the kitchen.

Tom and I danced in the living room, our heads fuzzy and our bodies surrounded by the other dancers as we had the time of our lives. Tom's hands caressed my waist, my arms loosely hung over his shoulders and our foreheads pressed together as we melted into each other's arms. I loved moments like this with Tom. We'd had plenty, whether it be at a party like this, at a nightclub or with just the two of us, in our front room. But no matter how many times we did this, I'd never get bored of it. Suddenly, the music stopped, making us all look around and murmur in confusion.

"Sorry, guys, sorry to stop the music, but it's almost midnight!" Harrison announced, making us all cheer and whoop as Tom turned to look back at me.

"You ready to step into 2023 with me, my love?" He asked, his eyes full of love for me as he stared into my own orbs. I bit my lip and returned the glance, my heart always skipping a beat for the man that I was in love with as I nodded.

"Let's do this." I nodded.

"FIVE."

"FOUR."

"THREE." Tom continued to softly gaze at me, his fingers interlocking with mine as he joined our hands together.

"TWO."

"ONE."

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Immediately Tom leant in and smashed our lips together, making me immediately return it as he continued to hold my hands. But then I felt something. My heart jumped in my chest, my entire body going red hot in a second as I felt him slip a ring onto my finger. Onto my ring finger. Tom broke the kiss and touched our foreheads, making me gulp harshly as my eyes fluttered open. Tom looked at me, tears pricking his eyes as my own gaze flicked to my left hand. And to the engagement ring that was now sitting there. I choked, tears immediately leaving my eyes as I looked at Tom. He smiled and bit his lip as he nodded, making me return the smile and laugh as I took his face into my hands and smashed our lips together once more. He returned the kiss and smiled into it, the romantic exchange being slightly salty due to the tears that we were both crying. I broke the kiss and looked at the love of my life, my now fiance.

"I love you so much, my love. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He shouted over the music with a head shake.

"Nor can I, Tommy. I love you, and I can't wait to be your wife." I choked before leaning in and smashing our lips together again.

Tom and I lay on the sofa, the fire roaring and the TV on as Tom lay on top of me with his head on my chest. My fingers ran through my fiance's curls, his soft snores making my heart warm as my eyes stayed on the stunning engagement ring that Tom had put on my finger the second that we had entered the new year. It was the most gorgeous thing that I'd ever seen, the square diamond sitting in the centre of the diamond-encrusted silver ring to look perfect on my finger. But of course, the look of it wasn't what made it special. What made it special was of course what it meant. Meant that I was going to be Tom's wife soon enough. That we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. Start a family together. Live the rest of our days together, with our hands joined and our hearts always full of love for each other. And for that, I couldn't wait.