Peer pressure (Tom Holland)

Requested by MarvelLevi0sa: Y/N is in a toxic group of friends, and they make her watch a horror movie with them because they know that she gets scared really easily. When she goes home, Tom sees that something is wrong, but she doesn't tell him out of fear that he'll laugh at her. But later, Y/N can't sleep, so Tom cuddles her and helps her to fall asleep, telling her that there's nothing to be ashamed of.

"Happy girls' night!" Alisha squealed, making us all laugh and clink together our champagne flutes before taking drinks from the glasses. I had been best friends with these girls for the last ten years, since secondary school, and so we made a point of meeting up once a month and having a girls' night, away from our boyfriends and partners. Mine happening to be the Tom Holland. To say that my friends had been shocked when I had announced that I was dating him was an understatement, and I always had felt like they had become slightly jealous of the fact. I could understand why, but this jealousy was often characterised by deep-cutting comments, like them saying that they'd been surprised that it had been me who had landed him. But I didn't care. At the end of the day, I always went home from these girls' nights to Tom's arms, and they couldn't take that away from me. No matter how much they wanted to.

"Okay, so, what are we watching?" I asked as I took another sip of my champagne, and Jess picked up the TV remote. Her lips curled into a smirk, as did Alisha's as they looked at each other.

"We, um...we thought that a horror movie would be just right." Jess nodded. My eyes widened, my heart immediately jumping in anxiety as all of the heat in my body rushed harshly to my cheeks.

"B-but, I hate horror movies." I gulped and shook my head.

"We know." Alisha chuckled matter-of-factly, making me gulp again as I took another, longer, drink of my champagne. This was the thing about my friends. I hated horror movies, I always had, and they always took advantage of that fact. For as long as I could remember, I had been extremely easy to scare, to the extent that literally watching five minutes of a horror movie was enough to freak me out. The girls knew this, and loved scaring the shit out of me by putting on a horror movie at every chance that they got. The worst bit was that they didn't always do this, so I never knew when it was coming. If I did, I'd just not come to our monthly hangouts, which they knew, so they'd mix it up. Tom absolutely hated that they did this, as he always saw how freaked out I'd be when I got home, but he also understood the loyalty that I felt to these girls. It wasn't a good situation, and we both knew that. I snapped out of my thoughts, my heart already racing in preempted fear as I downed the rest of my champagne before filling the flute up again, my mind knowing that I'd have to be at least tipsy to get through the next couple of hours of this hell.

I opened the front door to mine and Tom's apartment with shaking hands, my entire body feeling numb and freezing at the same time as I let myself into our home. I gulped and shut the door, everything in me still remembering the absolute horrors that I'd just been forced to watch as I tried to ignore how fast my heart was racing.

"Hey, love-." I screamed and whipped around, Tom's eyes widening at my reaction.

"Shit-Tommy, you scared me." I puffed out as my eyes fluttered shut and I put a trembling hand to my chest.

"Clearly, darling, are you okay?" He scoffed, his gorgeous eyes full of concern as he walked to me, and gently curled his arms around my waist. I gulped and nodded as I looked up at him and tried not to act as shaken up as I was. Tonight, the girls had subjected me to the worst horror movie that they'd ever subjected me to, and I could already tell that I wouldn't be sleeping for the next week. But I knew that I couldn't tell Tom. I knew that my loving boyfriend was always there in the aftermath to help me, and he said that he completely understood, but I always got the underlying anxiety that he would think me stupid and annoying for getting scared so easily, and so I had learnt to stop mentioning it for the sake of my own piece of mind.

"Y-yeah, I, um...I'm fine, just had one too many drinks, I'm tired." I lied and shook my head as I looked up at him. He sighed and nodded as he flicked his gaze over my face. I could tell that he knew that I was lying, and that he was more concerned than he was letting on, just like I was more shaken up than I was letting on, but we had already reached the silent agreement not to talk about it further.

"Okay, sweetheart. I missed you." He smiled, making me return it and bite my lip at his sweet attempt at reassurance.

"Aw, Tommy. I missed you too." I nodded before leaning up and kissing him. He returned it, our eyes fluttering shut and him smiling into it as he pulled me closer, and I curled my arms over his shoulders. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"I was watching a Pixar movie when you came in. You want to join?" He offered as he raised his eyebrows.

"Sounds perfect." I smiled, making him return it and peck my lips again before we started to head through to the living room.

Tom and I lay in our bed, my eyes wide open and my body wide awake as my boyfriend's muscular arm wrapped around my waist and held my back into his equally sturdy chest. His soft snores filled the dark room as he slept soundly. Though, the same could not be said for me. Every time that I even went to close my eyes, the horrors of that awful movie would start playing all over again, and would immediately jolt me back into consciousness. It was so bad that I was now afraid to fall asleep, and so I was forcing myself to stay awake, despite the fact that Tom and I had gone to bed hours ago. I gulped and tried to act like I was asleep as I felt Tom start to shift behind me. My boyfriend leant over me and pressed a kiss to my cheek, making me smile to myself as he stood up and headed to the en-suite. The light clicked on as he left the door open, providing me with that slightly modicum of relief as I tried to get through the night. After a moment, the toilet flushed and Tom appeared back at the doorway. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw me.

"Love? Are you awake?" He scoffed quietly, making me gulp as I realised that the light from the en-suite had allowed him to see that I was still up.

"Y-yeah, um...I can't sleep, it's no big deal." I lied as Tom turned the light off and headed back around to his side of the bed. He sighed and curled his arm over my waist again as he looked at me.

"They made you watch a horror movie again, didn't they?" He asked quietly. I sighed and bit my lip as I rolled onto my back so that I could look at him properly.

"How did you know?" I whispered.

"It was obvious as soon as you came home, white as a sheet. Do you want to talk about it, sweetheart?" He asked gently, his beautiful eyes flicking over my face in concern as he raised his hand and softly stroked his fingers over my cheek.

"No, it's stupid, I'm fine." I lied and shook my head.

"It's not stupid, though, love. It's something that really bothers you, so much so that you can't fall asleep, and that's not your fault. Your friends shouldn't do this to you, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Some people scare really easily, and that's okay." He shrugged. I gulped and looked up at him.

"Can we cuddle until I can sleep? Because you're right. You're right about it all." I admitted in a whisper.

"Course we can, my love." Tom gave me a small smile, making me return it as he lay down on his back before extending his arm. I cuddled into his side and rested my hand and head on his chest as his arm lowered to curl around my waist.

"I feel safe in your arms, Tommy. I feel okay." I confessed.

"Good, darling, I'm glad. That's what I'm here for, and it's what I'll always be here for." He reassured, his lips pressing to my head as his fingers gently combed through my hair. I smiled to myself and cuddled further into his chest as I started to relax, and feel way beyond grateful that I had a boyfriend as sweet and understanding as Tom.